Controversial encounters between law-enforcement and civilians - the omnibus thread #2

Maybe they shipped one in from West Virginia.

Going all Minority Report, Pasco County Sheriff’s office has been keeping a database of “at risk” kids, based in part on information they get from schools. Of course, if you think a kid is likely to become a career criminal, the obvious approach must be to start treating them like they already are – and harass the rest of the family as well. Because nothing helps a person smell better than shitting on them more.

Aye; that’s a known issue; from September 2020:

Og damn you for stealing my joke.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/5-republican-senators-write-letter-to-ag-claiming-unequal-justice-of-capitol-rioters-compared-to-protesters/ar-AAKQ455?li=BBnb7Kz

Protestors didn’t kill anyone, or try to assault congresspeople or the VP. Or take over a captial.

Here’s what kills me…most of these Congresspeople come from a law background and they work in a body that has awesome subpoena powers. If they truly believe that the blm protests warrant investigation, why don’t they form their own committee or bring their own lawsuits to the courts instead of complaining about investigations of the events of Jan6? The two things don’t have to be linked together. They can be investigated separately.

He is very definitely guilty of some type of manslaughter/murder offense. If you read about the case all the white man did was jostle the door knob–he did not break into the business. Does anyone here think you have the right to kill someone just because they jostle a door knob?

That is not what the article says:

On May 27, 2020, around 1 a.m., Bratcher was at the grow operation warehouse when Daniel Hardwick, a 42-year-old white man, allegedly attempted to break into the business for the second consecutive night. Video from that night reportedly shows Hardwick park his car at the rear of the shop, walk to the business’s door and jostle with the door handle, attempting to gain entry.

“He was trying to break in when the business owner, who was inside the business at the time, apparently opened fire with a handgun, striking and killing the man who was breaking in,” Master Sgt. Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department told [KFOR]

It says the video shows that he jostled the handle, but does not say that is all he did. It should be clearer.

That’s right-He jostled it twice.

There’s a lot of wrong in this story:

Another article:

Bratcher told police he saw Hardwick enter his property, on his security cameras, through a hole in the fence.

According to court documents, Bratcher grabbed his gun, then when he heard Hardwick at the back door he “asked the subject what he was doing,” before shooting through the door three times “to scare the subject off.”

When he opened the door he found Hardwick dead on the other side and called 911.

Bratcher admitted to police that the door was “locked and secured” when he started shooting.

If this had been a white guy shooting a black guy who had crawled through a hole in the fence and was trying to break through the door, it’d have made the positive gun news thread.

I am going to go out on a limb here and predict that approximately no one will ever believe this report from the Interior Department’s Inspector General:
https://www.doioig.gov/sites/doioig.gov/files/SpecialReview_USPPActionsAtLafayettePark_Public_0.pdf
Here’s the AP story:

Sure; that sounds like a completely believable and reasonable thing. Sure. :roll_eyes:

Comprehensive article looks at Louisiana State Police Troop F:

F-troop? Seriously?

Ok, I read the article, it really is F-troop.

Quarry, throw, etc.

Aye; that stood out to me too; that’s why I made sure to mention it. :smiley:

(dunno what’s wrong with the AP’s preview function today, btw; is that just me?)

Issues of the respective races aside, what kinda dumpkiss shoots through a locked-and-secured door THREE times “to scare the subject off”??

While 2nd-murder might be a little extreme, manslaughter is certainly a crime I would charge this bozo with.

He’s not the first, and he certainly won’t be the last

That’s a terrible headline (and story, too). He was an intruder.

The article said the case would be presented to the grand jury. What was the result?