Conviction -- movie

I just watched *Conviction *last night starring Hilary Swank and I was pretty impressed. It’s a true story, which probably could have been told a little more clearly, but the story itself is quite gripping. It’s about Kenny Waters being convicted for murder in 1983 and how his sister, Betty Ann, a high school drop out, went on to put herself all the way through law school because she believed him to be innocent. It really makes you wonder if you could make that kind of commitment for someone else.

If you’ve seen the movie, the real bitch of the story, which is not included in the movie, is that…

Kenny Waters died from a freak accidental fall just 6 months after his release.

Anyone else seen this? Was the story a really big deal at the time? I don’t recall hearing about it before.

I’ve seen this listed on Pay Per View and wondered if it would be any good. I figured if Hilary Swank was in it, it had to be but I’ve as of yet not watched it. Thanks for the head’s up. I think I’ll check it out.

Saw it, enjoyed it, good acting by Hillery better than the crappy movie “The Resident” she’s in now too.