Cool things you know that you wish you didn't

The killing I’m talking about is not predation and I wouldn’t refer to ordinary otter predation as murder.

It’s the raping of baby seal pups to death (and beyond) that I’m referring to with the term.

Look, I’m aware the terms rape, murder and necrophilia are anthropomorphic. Doesn’t change what the otters actually do.

Nothing wrong with the nudes, other than that she stuck her finger in a light-socket just as the shutter clicked. Blonde afros looked hideous in the 1970s, and don’t look any better today. Just my opinion.

Back to the thread topic:

I don’t regret knowing about entropy and thermodynamics, but I am a little annoyed with the universe for not allowing me a free lunch.

“OK, you’re going to smell a hair dryer, now.” BS. It was my burning eyeball. Amazing how well the Valium worked at keeping that from bothering me.

OOOOOOO, I’ve had two patients with this diagnosis!!!

I know what someone looks like when they are in a vegetative, brain-dead state, and what someone looks like at the exact moment they die.

Granted, I don’t think this is necessarily “cool,” but something I’ll never forget.

I know what poo tastes like.

I’m simultaneously curious as to the back story, while hoping you choose to not share it.

In the same sphere: Exfoliant lotion may look like normal lotion but…well…

I’ll just be blunt. It looked like a mummy dick. But a couple days later it was fine.

Also, different subject: Ear wax tastes like acorns and burning bugs with a magnifying glass smells like pot…you know how there’s a moral conundrum in using data collected by nazi experiments?? I think childhood antics should be in this dept.

I clicked off the Google search as soon as I saw what this was about. I don’t think it qualifies as a *cool *thing to know. Do you?

I know that TV shows and movies routinely wet the streets before filming. Dry streets film bad, especially at night.

So now I see it every time. And so will you. Once you’re aware of it, it is very obvious.

My 6 mo daughter had pooed through her diaper and while I was changing her, she planted her right foot in the mess, covering her sock in poo. When I yanked the sock off, the elastic at the top acted like a slingshot and launched a pea-sized chunk of feces straight into my open mouth.

Strange thing is, during the millisecond between the poo landing in my mouth and me violently expelling it, I actually thought to myself, well now I know what poo tastes like.

Once a scientist, always a scientist…

Well, far less horrible than my imagination’s machinations.

Thanks for taking one for the rest of us.

The veterinarian was splashed with poop and related that it was salty.
I do not know why he said that, I certainly did not ask.

I sure didn’t know that such colours existed :(.

While a female mantis is mating, she starts to consume the male from the head down while he is still inseminating her, so he is fulfilling the roles of a fertilization tool and an energy source at the same time. :eek:

Mr. Mantis says: “Totally worth it”.

When it comes to being psychosexual serial killers, though…it’s pretty much just waterfowl

http://www.cracked.com/funny-2938-duck-rape/

You will wish you didn’t click that link.

Mr. Mantis knows sign language? :dubious:

That’s strange. When it happened to me, the one thing that immediately stood out was that it wasn’t salty. I figured later that maybe most of the salt ends up in the urine?

Or perhaps I was just lucky and got an undigested corn kernel instead…