Coolio Dead at 59, of cardiac arrest [Sept 28 2022]

What a loss for the rap and hip-hop community.

Gansta’s Paradise is what most people remember him for, but i also liked Fantastic Voyage as well. You’ll be missed, Coolio.

I was also fond of this. Just a feel good song.

Hope you found real paradise Coolio.

That’s a fine song! I forgot about it.

I need to have a fish taco with beans in his memory.

He was great fun in the 90s! Always with the great vibe songs (until “Gangsta’s Paradise” which we all liked anyway). He’ll be missed.

And Weird Al’s classic parody.

I love both those songs. R. I. P.

I didn’t follow him, but Coolio was one of the few rappers I can actually recognize. And his music was good (for rap).

I’m slightly disquieted that he was younger than me. Not by much, but still…

Classy as always.

Same song with the Muppets:

Coolio’s Hummer on display in the Petersen Automotive Museum a couple of decades ago:

That was awesome, but did they give Coolio’s braids to Gonzo?! (Gonzolio?)

I’ve joked that one of the ways I knew I was getting old was that rock stars were dying of natural causes. Now I know that I’m getting really old because rappers are.

I just saw Coolio on an appearance with the Jimmy Kimmel show as one of the judges for the belly flop competition. He looked much older than I expected.

That’s unfortunate. He had some great songs. He sounds like a mellow dude too - there’s a funny comedy routine about him from a comic booked with him on a cruise ship. Will be missed.

One of the parodies he has made where I think of the parody before I think of the original. Kind of like White and Nerdy, which I thought was original until I heard Ridin’ Dirty for the first time.

A funny Coolio memory:

For me, one sign was finding out that a classic rapper is the same age as the Vice President.

(Flavor Flav and Mike Pence are several months apart in age.)

I often mistake the two. (Not really. Pence has an albatross around his neck, right?)