Corey Lewandowski

It’s quite unnecessary to continually announce that you have nothing to say and wish to withhold comment. We’re able to infer that from the sweet, precious silence.

(post shortened)

And yet you did just that. :confused:

As you may, or may not, remember, I had wondered, "Who are these alleged “sources”? Maybe there will be an announcement, maybe there won’t. If there is, I’m sure the story will be highly entertaining.

CNN may have fallen for the same “scam” and in that story they say that a press conference will be held at 2pm today according to a statement by the Florida State attorney’s office. That might be a scam too though.

Only caught part of the press conference.
He absolutely grabbed her and pulled her back.
No charges filed due to a feeling no conviction would be possible. It seems that a deliberate attempt at harm is the dividing line(if I understand it correctly).

It was noted there was a SS agent right behind Trump who was unconcerned about the reporter’s presence.

Confirmed by NBC. Fields reportedly agreed to an apology from Lewandowski, which would have ended this situation before it started. Though it also sounds like Lewandowski may not have accepted that proposal yet. It may have predated the prosecution’s decision not to press charges.

In Florida, criminal battery requires either intentional bodily harm, or touching or striking against the will of the victim.

I’m just shocked… SHOCKED, I tell you, that **doorhinge **was wrong on this.

The other video discussed by the SA shows the reporter first approaching Trump and touching Trump, who then pulled away. What’s good for the gander is good for the goose. You touched me. You touched him first. :rolleyes:

After reviewing the evidence in the case, the state attorney said he doesn’t feel there is enough evidence to pursue criminal charges. He explained that while police are required to meet a “probably cause” threshold to make an arrest, prosecutors must believe they have a chance to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the battery occurred and get a conviction.

After reviewing the evidence, the prosecutors didn’t believe there was sufficient evidence to get a conviction. That’s the dividing line.

It was also mentioned during the press conference that the reporter had provided cell phone pics of her arm taken after she had been grabbed. The Assistant SA said that those pics didn’t show any bruising. Pics taken days later did show bruising. What would a jury think? Reasonable doubt exists.

for historical reference -

Which part did I get wrong? Please be specific.

(underline added)

Which situation are you referring to, the reporter voluntarily quitting her job, the filing of charges, the dropping of charges, the lack of persuasive evidence?

What I love is how people jump from that to “He’s innocent!”

You mean where the prosecutor said he grabbed her?
The lack of evidence had more to do with intent.

(underline added)

I was wondering which “situation” oft wears hats was referring to.

Since video evidence exists that the reporter grabbed Trump and that Lewandowski grabbed the reporter, the prosecutor should charge/not charge both the reporter and Lewandowski for committing similar crimes. Shouldn’t charge one without charging the other. That wouldn’t be fair.

Assuming that the defense attorney would have been allowed to actually mount a defense, the reporters own story and pictures, plus the full length videos, would have undermined her case.

From here.

It appears that neither touching incident rose to the level of criminal conduct.

He didn’t touch, he grabbed.

And of course, he lied about it.

Touch, grabbed, fondled, felt up? The prosecutor’s office doesn’t believe they have sufficient evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Did anyone involved lie under oath? They could be charged for lying under oath. Or was the denial more likely some sort of Miss Understanding?

I thought you had watched the video? What are you babbling about?

Lies don’t count unless they’re under oath? And the quote clearly said “grabbed”.

Who’s blamed Trump for this? You’ve said this a couple of times now and I’ve pointed out before that I don’t think this is accurate. Be specific.