Coronavirus general discussion and chit-chat

I suspect that hospitals have just as many, if not more, Nurse’s Aides and Technicians, people who are trained to do a specific job, but have no formal medical training, as compared to trained nurses and doctors. Those people are not any more intelligent than your average person, and probably less so, because they apparently aren’t good enough mentally to get through the formal education needed to move up the pay scale in the hospital.

Seriously? Nurses aids are stupid because they haven’t become nurses? What if they don’t want to be nurses? What if they don’t have the money to go to nursing school, so are working as aids while they save their money?

Are you really serious with this claim? What is your doctorate in? I’m asking because some intelligent people who are good enough mentally to get advanced training don’t always work in hospitals, so I am wondering if you are judging people where you work or if your doctorate is in a different field staffed by mentally deficient people.

Not necessarily. Becoming an RN is expensive. Many people become CNAs, CMAs, or LPNs so that they can earn a living while pursuing an RN degree.

I apologize. Most of the nurses’ aides and other non-trained personnel I have interacted with at a hospital have been a dumb as rocks. I admit that it’s possible that some are perfectly capable and just aren’t yet or can’t afford it. But…that’s not generally what I’ve experienced.

I don’t understand the construction of this.

I have a master degree in both Mathematics and Accounting. I never really worked in mathematics because I hated academia and got out before I wasted my whole life there. There is no real reason to get a doctorate in accounting (I don’t even know whether it even exists!), because it’s not useful for your career in the business world, just the academic world. That is definitely not true for medical education degrees.

The vast majority of non-certified accountants I’ve had to interact with are basically on the same playing field mentally as the nurses’ aides I’ve interacted with. Completely average in intelligence, which to me is as dumb as a rock.

I’m just going to leave this right here and walk away. I have no further reason to discuss this with you.

That’s perfectly fine. I loathe almost everyone for being normal. It’s not something I can fix by “working on it” - it’s a visceral emotion. It’s just as much of who I am as the fact I need glasses. Feel free to pit me for making it publicly known instead of pretending.

Come right over here and hang out with me.

Thanks! Have a glass of home made mead. It’s a little rough, but I like how it kinda hits my mouth with a big shot of flavor.

Do you think that when I get my SpikeVax booster it will finally make me magnetic? The other two shots didn’t and I had to order some more needles today because my favorite needlework place is curbside only again. If I was magnetic, I wouldn’t be dropping them all over the place!

Yesterday I made my weekly visit to the government office where I used to toil daily. They are fully open to the public, masks are a thing of the past, vaccinations won’t be mandated as long as Douchy is in charge AND now they have turned into a call center which means that everyone has to come back to the office so they can be properly micro-managed.

All of the office equipment, down to the cube walls went away over a year ago. All of the staff have fully equipped home offices and production has been great. Why the expense of refitting the office and forcing people to be in an office when they were more productive and much happier at home?

Well, because the pandemic is over. Douchy has declared that to be so, and so it will be.

Want some more mead? Hubs made a 5 gallon batch for me this time.

I’m waiting for better 5G reception, personally.

Probably, yes. Not quite the same thing, because it identifies PhDs rather than MDs, but there’s a chunk of some of the most highly educated people who are sticking to their vaxx refusal more than any other education level.

The largest decrease in hesitancy between January and May by education group was in those with a high school education or less. Hesitancy held constant in the most educated group (those with a Ph.D.); by May Ph.D.’s were the most hesitant group.

From here:

When I was in college many decades ago getting my nothing-like-a-medical degree, I knew a handful of people who thought much of what they were taught was ridiculous and they were sure things were never done that way by actual lawyers/engineers/teachers/ etc. They would learn the material well enough to get good grades but didn’t believe much of what they were told. I suspect medical schools have their share of these kinds of students.

And on the personal anecdote side of this question, when my late brother was in the cancer ward for his final days, one of the nurses actually told my sister-in-law that “they” had a cure for cancer, but were keeping it a secret because the treatment made them more money.

As a J&J recipient (and the booster might be okayed in months) I’m holding out for 10G just because computer stuff is supposed to be in 10/100 etc amounts :smiley:
(recalling having 26 kb rates on our ancient phone lines (still had party line capabilities) and our first actual PC (vs webtv).

Learning from our experiences indicates emotional intelligence.

I think you only get superpowers if you get injected with a radioactive syringe.

Pretty much have addition and subtraction nailed then, huh.

Greetings from France where we’re… on vacation!

It’s different here, compared to the UK. Here are a few things that I found interesting - hope you find them interesting too.

Just off the boat, we hit a bakery for breakfast and another for lunch. Both limited to 2 people in the shop at any time; masks mandatory. This is just the end of day two, but masking in shops seems universal and most shops posted up a max customer limit.

Masking in supermarkets is mandatory and has been universal. More interesting, today was market day here; it’s an open air street market with 100+ stalls. These markets are a real big deal in France - I guess we walked past a thousand people, maybe more. We saw four without masks.

If you sit down for a coffee or a beer or to eat you MUST check in with your vaccine passport, even if you are sitting outside. You wear a mask till you get to your table. The passport is part of the app Tous AntiCovid, which also provides Covid stats. As of today 83.2% of this vaccine hesitant country is vaccinated. This I suspect is because you cannot go to drink or eat (and I assume watch football or a movie etc etc) with demonstrating that you have been vaccinated.

Anyway, maybe more observations over the next few days. If you have any questions, I’ll do my best.

j

Nice to hear from you… And a holiday too, you lucky so and so! Do you get a sense that this behaviour is driven by a solid appreciation of the science, a willingness to follow official guidance or a more personal view of self preservation?