Could a "campaign reboot" win McCain back the independents?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Obama has led McCain in the polls for most of the past year. In the past 5 months, McCain has been ahead for only a brief period immediately following the Republican National Convention and the overhyped introduction of Sarah Palin. McCain’s numbers have been in a nosedive for a month and Obama’s have been climbing. Short of Osama bin Ladin being discovered in Obama’s guest cottage, I can’t really envision anything saving this for McCain.

I really wish they’d include the option to apply a moving average to that data. I bet that if you smoothed it out a bit, you’d see that Obama was never behind McCain.

Wordy McWord. Before this all started I was voting Obama based on policy, but was OK with McCain. To think, I was actually happy with both choices for President! :eek: Then Sarah Palin howdy-yall’d out of the woodwork and it all changed. Thanks but no thanks, John. I’ve had enough of the shameless marriage between ignorance and confidence for the last eight years. I don’t need another go 'round.