Could you be recognized by your "voice" even if you could post without your user name

You’re right, I do use “dude” a lot, :smack: in fact weren’t we both “dude-ing” in one thread together?

Maybe.

Short answers and sentence fragments.

I don’t know…but don’t apologize for it! I say “dude” IRL too and I think it’s awesome that someone else does and no one here calls us out on it (yet).

No.

I think the only Doper I’d recognize is Tripler.

Here? No. I’m pretty mild on here, and there are a lot of voices. There is also a bit of hivemind peer pressure to conform.

I am somewhat sensitive to distinct personalities in written text though, I can ‘hear’ subtle differences. Content of posts helps a lot here.

There are a few people I know in real life that could only be impersonated for one or two sentences before I knew it wasn’t them.

The only way I am distinct, is my overuse of commas. I love me some commas.

I believe several sock puppets have been identified by their “voice.”

I don’t think so.

THERFORE, HENCFORTH ALLL POSTES SHAL BEE CAPTALIZED, PURPEL, END EACHH WURD MISPELLED. DAT BETER?

'Voice" can be several things. Phrases, consistent misspellings, use of language, words, idioms. Punctuation, capitalization, topics, positions on said topics.

It is easier to distinguish people in some environments, I find it a little harder here. There are standards of posting here, (which I love) but it tends to smooth out some of the rough edges, characteristics of posters.