Cover Songs you'd like to hear

I’ve always had this insane thought that I wanted to hear Dylan and Springsteen team up on “Mack the Knife”.

Sarah Brightman singing “Diamonds are Forever”, aor Nina Gordon singing Vitamin C’s “Smile.”

Or the London Philharmonic performing any number of TV show theme songs.
Yeah, I don’t have any taste. Sue me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ranchoth

Lewis Farakhan be the narrator on Schoenberg’s “A Survivor from Warsaw”

Orrin Hatch do “Hypnotize” by Biggie Smalls.

The Normon Tabernacle Choir sing “Joy To the World”–the Three Dog Night version.

Janet Jackson try to sing “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” with that small voice of hers.

Creed covering the Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil”

Ever since I first heard Garbage’s interpolation of “Don’t Worry Baby” into the “Push it” lyrics, I’ve really thought that they could do a nice job with Dee-Lite’s “Groove is in the Heart”.

I would really love to hear The Aquabats cover NIN’s “Herecy”, or for them to cover just about anything else from “The Downward Spiral” – “Ruiner” would be nice.

Marilyn Manson covering “Little Girls”, by Oingo Boingo – just imagine the video.

You know, for months I have contemplated the cosmic beauty of:

Clutch covering Cake’s “The Distance”
Cake covering Clutch’s “Escape from the Prison Planet”

It’ll never happen in a billion years. But, ahhhh!!!

1987-era Grateful Dead doing Stevie Ray Vaughan’s version of Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” would have worked very, very well.

Until you’ve heard Mae West do “Shake It Up, Baby,” you haven’t heard a great cover.

I’d like to hear a metal band try Garth Brooks’s “The Thunder Rolls”.

For those you who live in Dallas, Texas, and frequent Deep Ellum, I’m sure you know who Girl is.

The other day, I heard the perfect song for them to cover: Killer Pussy’s “Teenage Enema Nurses in Bondage.”

Somehow I could really see Judy getting into that…

I do this with a friend of mine, all the time. We make up amazing cover combos.

The funniest ones so far are Ozzy singing November Rain, with Lemmy as backing vocals.

[Ozzy] When I look into your eey-eeh-eeeyes, I can seey-eeey a love restray-nd…[
[Lemmy] AAAAAAAHHHHH, GHAAAAAAAAA, HAAAAAAA!!!

Another potentially funny one is Slayer covering My Endless Love, as performed by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.

All the other cool ones I’d suggest have already been done by Tori Amos. :slight_smile: