Cpr

Hey I am looking for any info anybody has about CPR. I am mostly looking for statitics on how many people know it, the perecentage of lives it saves, the percentage of people that have died that could have been saved…anything like that.
Thanks in advance

I get CPR training once a year through my work. Once a fireman tought it and he said he uses it regularly. Another trainer has never used it.
I have not used it, but feel comfortable having been trained often.

Thought this may be a bit harder than hoped. Whilst you may be able to find regionalised statistics about certain specifics of CPR, the American Heart Association had this to say:

I hope you can find more about what you are looking for. Perhaps Google your area, or try the local Red Cross?

Go to http://www4.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi
and search for “cardiopulmonary resuscitation/statistics and numerical data”[MESH]. This will give you a list of articles, some of which may have some of the information you seek.

For example,

Circulation 2002 Aug 27;106(9):1065-70
Tripling survival from sudden cardiac arrest via early defibrillation without traditional education in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Capucci A, Aschieri D, Piepoli MF, Bardy GH, Iconomu E, Arvedi M.

Resuscitation 2002 May;53(2):121-5
An analysis of time factors in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Osaka Prefecture. Hayashi Y, Hiraide A, Morita H, Shinya H, Nishiuchi T, Mukainaka S, Kai T, Fujii C.

Resuscitation 2002 Jan;52(1):23-9
Estimated cost effectiveness of a police automated external defibrillator program in a suburban community: 7 years experience. Forrer CS, Swor RA, Jackson RE, Pascual RG, Compton S, McEachin C.

Resuscitation 2001 Sep;50(3):273-9
Bystander initiated actions in out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation: results from the Amsterdam Resuscitation Study (ARRESUST). Waalewijn RA, Tijssen JG, Koster RW.

et cetera