Crazy dreams

I had one of those last night! And I realized after 3 days I hadn’t named him yet.

Man I HATE those! (Drama geek here) I have had a ton of dreams like that. Or like it’s opening night and the curtain is about to go up and you don’t even know the name of the play and you don’t know what you’re supposed to be wearing, let alone the lines and blocking :eek:
Despite the fact that I’m 35 now, and haven’t lived at my mom’s house since I was 17, and haven’t even lived in the same half of the continent as her since 1997, why is it that most often “home” in dreams = my mom’s house? Even if it’s just me living there, as an adult.

And all too often whatever building complex the dream is taking place in tends to morph into the layout of my high school.

I had a tooth dream the other night for the first time in a loooooooooong time.

The crazy variation this time was that I felt that sickening feeling of something coming loose in my mouth, but when I pulled it out, it was not a tooth but some bizarre piece of bridge work that bore an alarming resemblence to the UFO that was the subject of a recent thread in GQ. I was holding it in the palm of my hand looking at it in amazement, thinking, “I didn’t even know I had this thing! How could my dentist have put this in without my knowing it?!?” I could feel more things rattling around loose in my mouth, so I spat them out into my hand, and it was not more teeth (which would have been the norm in a tooth dream) but unpopped popcorn kernels and large glass beads.

Now, when I had a tooth dream, my biggest problem was that my dentist was in Kansas (I was not) and was not available to come treat my tooth problem (which involved pain and ridiculous amounts of blood) because she was taking care of an owl–a Snowy Owl, I think. (No, I don’t think the dentist was doing dentist-y stuff to the Owl, it’s just that the Owl was why she was “several hours away” in Kansas and couldn’t come treat me.

I gotta learn to edit faster!

OpalCat, I have “home” dreams ALL the time, and I haven’t lived there for 30 years. Sometimes they’re like your house-hunting dreams…I’m back in the house as an adult, and there are all these cool clothes hanging in the closet of “my” bedroom, or there’s a secret passage in the closet to all these amazing rooms I never knew about as a kid.

Either that, or I’m having wild monkey sex with someone in my childhood twin bed and trying not to wake my parents. :smiley:

My daughter had a crazy dream. Her school was having those “pass or do not advance” tests, and they’d recently imposed a dress code. They really put kids under the hammer.

So she dreamt that the teachers were hunting the kids in the woods like animals, and the kids couldn’t wear camoflauge - they had to wear their school uniforms.

Someone went to the U of A, eh?

As for me, when I got pulled over three times in two weeks I had a string of nightmares about being a drug dealer and getting ratted out–each time I was sure I was busted, but each time I managed to wiggle my way out of the situation, mostly by dumb luck. In one of them I drove by my apartment and saw dozens of cops interrogating my roommate, and several empty cruisers outside; none of them had stayed in their cars or were watching out the window for me, so I high-tailed it. The other one I remember was the really harrowing one–a cop pulled me over and then one cruiser after the other showed up, with cops coming out of the woodwork to tell me that my last customer had ratted me out, that they’d really nailed me this time, and I didn’t have a right to stop them from searching my car–so 5 cops and 2 police dogs tore my car inside-out looking for dope and didn’t find anything. I’d made my last delivery of the day and I wasn’t holding! It was as big a shock to me as to the cops, who grudgingly let me go free with a reminder that one of my customers was dropping the dime on me and they would be waiting to nail me again any time now.

Those were my first nightmares in years, to go along with the first times I’d been pulled over since I was 16.

The dreams that were really frustrating were the spectacular videogame dreams I had when I was living with my parents. See, videogames had been verboten in my household since halfway through my junior year of high school, when my dad smashed my Super Nintendo to bits in front of me with a sledgehammer and sold/trashed/destroyed the rest of my videogames when I wasn’t looking. I would dream that I were in a gigantic arcade with dozens of awesome games on larger-than-life HD screens, and I could take home copies of whatever games I wanted for free. They were super-realistic and I would always get really caught up in them, only to wake up and realize I still couldn’t have games. The worst ones were the dreams I had about waking up and seeing my old games and systems scattered all over my floor with an apologetic note from my dad. It seriously hurt to actually wake up and realize all my games were still gone.

I used to have tooth dreams as well, freckafree–where I would try to pull a little shred of celery or something out from between my teeth and it would be longer than I expected, so I would keep pulling and pulling and pulling and it would actually turn out to be an infinitely long string. I’ve pulled yards and yards and yards of string out from between my teeth in dreams.

I very rarely remember my dreams, but the last week or so I’ve had three that stayed with me. In one, I was having sex with a former girlfriend. We broke up in 1999, haven’t seen her since 2001, haven’t communicated with her since 2002, but now we were having sex and she had her clothes on so I’m not exactly sure how we managed it, but stranger was that she got progressively fatter while we were screwing.

I think I need to talk to dr Jung.

I often dream that I have 1950 Plymouth* 4-door sedan stashed in the garage of a widow who needed extra money and so rented me her garage. When I am ready to start restoring the car, I can’t find the house nor can I find the widow’s phone number. I wake up absolutely convinced that I own the car and have lost it forever. In another car dream, I own several antique cars that I have parked in a gravel parking lot that I can no longer find.

*My first car was a 1950 Plymouth 2-door sedan.

My dreams are always weird and I always wonder where they come from.

Last night I was in Nazi Germany, in a POW house. I had managed an escape/takeover. Dunno how, but there was no violence involved (there rarely is in my dreams. Often, even if I am in a fight I find I can’t deliver a hard punch.) Afterward the senior officers decided we would have a huge dinner to celebrate. I stepped up and asked everyone if they would prefer to have a big dinner while in germany or a meager dinner on the escape boat. Everyone opted for the boat and I yelled “Well what the f**k are you waiting for?” Because I showed up the officers they left me behind - in that same house. A friend from my youth - and his sister - were also there, I’m not sure why. The friend passed away years ago.

There’s more but you get the idea - it was just weird. I have no interest in NAZI germany and haven’t been reading about it - where the heck do these things come from?

Um, yes actually. But only for one semester, and I never participated or knew about any campus activities. Did they have tortilla throwing contests? I’ve never actually seen one, and I’m not sure I’ve ever actually heard of one either–aside from my dream.

Are you looking at making changes to your life? Are you feeling uncertain about your current circumstances?

I used to have these kinds of dreams back in the day.

Well I’m in the process of moving right now, but I was talking about “I have a lot of…” in the general sense. I haven’t had a house dream in a couple of years, probably. But overall in my life, the course of dreaming, they occur fairly often.