Creamy Jello?

Now that is stuff I miss from the Midwest…(sob, sniff, sniff, sob)…as the corn fields in Nevada are, to say the least, a little meager. I bought a pack of fresh raspberries at the supermarket recently and, embarrassed to admit, I sniffed them on and off for about three hours before succoming to eating them.

And people…I didn’t mean to start an ambrosia war here…just passing on Aunt Carole’s famous recipe that involved ingredients du jour…jello and cool whip…

What about ice cream jello maybe? Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 c hot water, then add 1 cup vanilla ice cream instead of cold. You can play with the flavors, proportions and add liquor or fruit additions, too.

I saw a tupperware demonstrater once use this at a tup. party, demonstrating the superior seal by not stirring the ice cream to dissolve but just shaking the living hell out of it, then throwing it in the freezer to be ready to serve by the end of the party.

For a nice and creamy gelatin salad I like to stir in miracle whip into lemon gelatin along with some pickled peach juice. Add diced pickled peaches, some pecans, spoon into a mold and chill until set. It sounds odd but it tastes fabulous served alongside salty country ham.

I’ve also had a cucumber version at a local tea room which was quite nice as well. Very refreshing in the summertime.

I’d be willing to consider it if you hadn’t said MIRACLE WHIP. Jesus Christ that shit is disgusting.

A sandwich just isn’t a sandwich without the great taste of Miracle Whip.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Ha! I remember my mum making that recipe a few times when I was young. Can’t remember if it actually lived up to its advertising, though. IIRC, wasn’t mock apple pie started during WWII when things were in short supply, though?

:smack: Note to self: read the link before posting stupid questions.