Creation ( Light)

ok people here is another question — after the scripture

And God said , "Let there be light , " and there was light . God saw the light was good , and he separated the light from the darkness . God called the light “day " and the darkness he called " night” And there was evening and morning - the first day . Genesis 1: Vs 3 , 4, 5.

And God said , " Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night , and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years , and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth ." And it was so . God made two greater lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night . He also made the stars . God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth to govern the day and the night , and to separate light from darkness . And God saw that it was good . And there was evening and morning the fourth day . Genesis 1: Vs 14-19

Here is my question .

Who or what is the light created in verses 3,4,5 (the first day) When in fact the moon , sun and stars were created further on in the fourth day . Also if you take note , In the first day , God said only the light was good , he did not say the darkness was good .

My belief is maybe it was Jesus (The Light of the world)
would appreciate any comments .
Thank you
Simonne Lerette.
Is there anyone else out there that have questions like I do ?

Light beer.

I was hoping for a little more for an answer , but I suppose for some people that is the answer( light beer)
Thanks anyway .

Welcome to the boards, Simonne (I’m from Riverside-Albert NB myself, work in Moncton, nice to meet another local :wink: )

My opinion on this is that the ‘light’ would be the creation of the universe, and matter and energy themselves. Ie. Your Big Bang. Very flashy event THAT would have been (can’t ask for more light than that!)

Opinion’s coming from a quite lapsed and rather skeptical Christian, take it as it is.

Hi Venoma , years ago , we lived in Hillsboroug . My dad was a chauffeur for the Osman’s ( not sure if that is spelled correctly ) of course that was way back further than I care to mention .
I considered your answer , and went back to the word to check it out . In the first chapter and verse , it says

In the beginning God created the heavens and earth .
Now the earth was formless and empty , darkness was over the surface of the deep , and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters .
So the earth was here and then he created the light . According to this scripture .

My recollection is that there are 2 (maybe 3) creation stories in Genesis. It’s touched on in this staff report:

My understanding of the Light of the First Day is similar to yours: that it was the Light of God’s presence. There are references throughout the entire Scriptures which speak of a radiance which surrounds Him. This is of varying degrees of brightness, depending on the situation. For example, there’s the glowing presence above the Ark of the Covenant in the Tabernacle and later the Temple; there’s the Pillar of Fire above the multitude of Jews wandering in the wilderness; and so on. And there is a verse in Revelation speaking of the New Earth which states that the radiance of God with His people at that time will be so bright that there will be no need of the sun (though presumably it will still be there).
Hope that’s what you were looking for.

To Padabe . I agree with you that sometimes there are two different stories. example is Judas (betrayer of Jesus ) in Matthew 27 : vs 5 . Judas hangs himself and in Acts 1: Vs 18 (With the reward he got for his wickedness , Judas bought a field ; there he fell headlong , his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out . Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this , so they called the field in their language Akaldama, that is Field of Blood.)These are two very different stories.

This is for YiBaiYuan
Thank you for going along with me . I believe this to be true about the revelation scripture.

I did not see a temple in the city , because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple . The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it , for the glory of God gives it light , and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light , and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it . Revelation 21: vs 22-24
Is there a bible that would be translated from the Jewish language into english ? If so I would really love to buy one . I have such a hunger to learn all I can about this wonderful book.