Creed Bratton from The Office is 15th Richest Musician

He is worth $245 Million. Here are some Musicians he has more money than:

Ringo Starr
Bruce Springsteen
Don Henley
Eric Clapton

That is unbelievable. Almost as surprising is he is 71.

John Williams is on that list three times, while Kate Bush is not. A pretty unreliable source.

Btw, even if accurate, this doesn’t mean that Creed’s wealth came from his musical career. Inheritance, wise investments, or other work may have contributed.

To be honest I assumed he married it.

That’s not the only unbelievable thing on that list. Eric Johnson is the 47th richest musician in the world, with a net worth of $100 million? I find it hard to believe that he’s made that much money from his music. Maybe, like Dhani Harrison and Sean Lennon, he inherited wealth. Or is an incredibly astute businessman.

It says right there on the webpage that his source of wealth is TV/film, so it’s questionable to even put him on the list. I mean, what’s the point? You could put Bill Gates on there, because he plays kazoo in his church choir, if you go by that standard.

Yeah, that leapt out at me, too. Johnson is one HELL of a guitarist, but he’s done nothing that would lead to the big bucks.

It’s a bullshit site with numbers pulled out of the air. Look at who brackets him on the Richest Actors list:

“American actor, dancer and singer Leon Thomas III has an estimated net worth of $245 million in 2013. He is best recognized for his appearance on Victorious, a Nickelodeon series where he played the role of Andre Harris.”

“American voice actor and actor Jake T. Austin has an estimated net worth of $245 million in 2013. At age seven, Jake T. Austin started his acting career as a child actor. He is a five-time nominee for a Young Artist Award for playing the role of Max Russo on Wizards of Waverly Place. He is also known as the voice of Diego for the Nickelodeon series Go, Diego, Go!”

Don’t know if Thomas inherited a quarter-billion dollars, but as his hometown of Brooklyn is not known to be a hangout for the very wealthy and his parents are likely young enough to still be alive, an enormous inheritance is unlikely. No inherited wealth for Austin; his parents are part-owners of a restaurant in West Nyack, NY. So I vote for bullshit as a minor phishing costume to lure eyes and clicks.

For Bratton, $4 million is a lot more believable. How Much Is The Net Worth Of Creed Bratton 2022? - Their Net Worth

Yeah, the list is bullshit. Where is Victoria Beckham, who is, technically speaking, a musician? Where is Beyonce, for Og’s sake? This link (admittedly from the Daily Mail) says she earned 54 millions pounds last year!

The Guardian put Kate Bush’s wealth at 25 million pounds, making her the second richest British woman musician after Annie Lennox back in 2005. This article was before Aerial, 50 Words For Snow and Director’s Cut.

Yeah, but those are pounds. I think the exchange rate is something like 1 pound equals 1 disme American. It must be true because I saw it on the internet.

Even with the Office being in syndication, how does the math fit that he’s worth a quarter-billion?

Three unlikely people have the same net worth of 245 million? In the same BS list?
Yeah, no.

That said, Eric Johnson sold the rights to one of his songs (Ah Via Musicom, I think) to a sports group or a network some 20 years ago; that could be a pretty penny.

They might be getting their data from this site: Media Mass.

That sounds about right.

Yoko Ono is not on that list. She has had some of her own solo albums that IIRC charted. Due to her wealth from The Beatles she should be on that list. Her inherited family wealth would easily make her number one on that list.

Or not.

Yeah. I thought it was clear that it was a joke from the laundry list of fake stuff they said he owned.

I saw it linked on Twitter. It wouldn’t be the first time the Internet lied to me :slight_smile:

If he was that rich, he could throw quarries down quarries.

It IS unbelievable as the following “musicians” are noticeably absent from the list:

Jay-Z
Curtis Jackson (aka Fifty Cent)
Master P
Mariah Carey
Michael Jackson (who even in death is worth more than $1 billion according to the IRS)
Beyonce

You thought it was clear that it was a joke? Eight days ago teh interwebz was full of this story.

Nothing on teh interwebz is ever clearly a joke!