creepy or not creepy?

um, shadow warrior and ** zoogie**,
you don’t have to take things to extreme.

no where did I suggest that once someone dies: that’s it, game over. Time to pack away Gramma’s belongings. Yep, let’s take that picture down, cause she’sdead. (insert evil psycho music)
and yeah that’s right, I ran screaming down the hall when I opened my history book.
:rolleyes: :slight_smile:

I guess I am in the minority.
I have no issue with hanging up a picture of you and gramma on the mantle. It just seemed odd that in a book filled with babies and little kids, there’s photo from the 70’s (I am assuming. it looks it.) with a man and his mom.

I also guess you’d have to know this guy because to me, yes, he does kinda give me the willies. and yes, it may be that I am transfering that to the picture.

It just seemed that half of the people that saw this picture were like: "oooooo-k. " with an expression of “what a weirdo” on their face and the other half seemed blase about it.
so no, its not some huge big deal, but I just found it creepy/odd.

that said, martiju, THAT takes the cake.

If they were both naked it would be creepy.

quick question

The guy isn’t famous for taxidermy is he?

As long as she was alive while the picture was taken, it’s not all that creepy. A little strange, maybe, but it depends on the town you live in and the organization that is putting out the little book. And if he’s “famous” in the town, he’s allowed to be a little eccentric. Just don’t go inside his place if he offers you some “candy.”

oh ok, dammit!

for all you who feel robbed by the lack of creepiness in said photo*:

The picture is of a grown man sitting in his mom’s lap. He is fondling her breasts. The mom is long dead. In fact, upon closer inspection, you can tell she she is an oject’du taxedermy, stuffed with pages from a history book, even. She is wearing a sheer pucci gown in pink. and will the horrors never stop -so is he!
Her make up is smeared as is his. The backdrop looks just like the guy’s house in silence of the lambs. Also, there is a vat of chocolate pudding next to them.

ok, creepy enough? Can someone please add more to make it more creepy?

*[sub] no, its not true, of course. Just aiming to please the customers is all…

Not creepy unless he’s copping a feel or something.

There’s no Omenlike film defects in the picture are there? If there was a big light shaft or something coming down thru her head and the caption “I told you so” at the bottom then, well, that’d give me a bit of the creeps.

Sorry, I side with the not-creepy group.

People used to take pictures of dead folk ALL THE TIME in the old West. Shit… half the photos I own are of people who have since passed away.

Get this! A woman I worked with had a miscarriage at under 4 months. Didn’t she pass pictures of the deceased little body around the office! Posed in her arms (or hands, I should say) and looking at the camera and everything. (shudder!!)

I admit I am in the minority.

but please at least pay attention: I never said it was a picture of a dead woman but rather a woman who has since died.

and I have no problem with OWNING a picture of a person now dead. I have pictures of granda and grandpa for god’s sakes.

I SAID what was creepy to me was that he BOUGHT a page in a book filled with gooey baby pictures and family shots. It seemd way out of place in comparisson to the other pictures. And that to the average person, one would not know that the lady depicted was dead. and that the guy gives me the willies as it is, so that THAT may be what I found to be so creepy in the picture.

I never said I had a phobia of dead people’s pictures nor that owning them was wrong or bad.

I think you are all missing BNB’s point. The point is that he thinks it’s wierd to have a pic of someone who is dead printed as if she isn’t. I think it’s wierd (I’m tired of creepy) too.

It’s Stephen King, isn’t it?