Crying, man!

If I grow breasts I may never leave the house. I might be on the boards a little more often though.

ETA: Oh yeah, and the crying thing; I’m definitely tearing up at more things as I’ve gotten older.

Turn in your man card, you pansy*

But excuse me, I seem to have something in my eye…:wink:

I’ve noticed now that, past 50, I tear up at the sound of bagpipes being played at a funeral (typically a cop or fireman). The water works just start at the sound.

Gah, I’m only 42 and this has been happening to me for years. I’m a regular ol’ water works. :frowning:

I suppose this only means I have more to look forward to. Curses!

The Highway of Heroes in Canada is doing it to me, too - regular people, military, veterans, policemen, firemen, etc. come out and line the overpasses when soldiers killed in Afghanistan are brought home and driven to the coroner’s office. Dammit, got something in my eye again!

ETA: Morepics.

Bricker, my dear bride and I are fans of Medium, because of the perceived resonance between Joe and Allison and the two of us.
I cried like a blankedity-blank baby when I watched that episode.
For about 5 minutes.
It was a really great ending to that series.
That wasn’t why I cried.

I cried because “love beyond death” is a wonderful if fanciful notion.

Of course, my circumstances are not the norm, but I certainly grok your experience to an extant.

I don’t think you have a problem. At some point in a man’s life he stops giving a care about emoting in a safe location. Otherwise, he explodes, either physically or emotionally.

Crying just verifies that you are human and aren’t afraid to be so.

But what the heck do I know? I speak only anecdotally with a sample size of 1.

Good luck.

I’m a big, hairy fifty year old man who my wife (who loves me) describes to strangers as “scary looking” and I’m a notorious emotional soft touch. Jesse’s Song in Toy Story 2 always gets me weepy, as does this scene from Doctor Who. Scenes of men sacrificing their lives for others also destroy me.

The last two times I teared up:

Two buglers playing an echoing Taps at my best friend’s funeral.

When Aragorn said, “My friends, you bow to no-one.”

Damn you, Bricker. My screen’s all blurry now.

Yep. Yep yep yep yep yep yep yep.

Several of the links/pics/stories y’all have posted have made me tear up big time. I always cry when observing military and police processions and funerals like those that Cat Whisperer posted. Not because I’m overly patriotic or militaristic*, but because I find it so touching that entire communities–across the country and irrespective of personal politics–show respect and gratitude to those who have fallen doing something on behalf of others.

*Although I am ex-Army, myself.

And here on the SDMB, when Bearflag70 broke the news about his brand new baby daughter’s potentially fatal SMA, gah! I was a weepy mess, and I don’t even know him or his family. (But I’m a daddy to a little girl, too.)

So yeah, these are emotional things. No need to wonder about it–you tear up and cry because you’re human and have emotions.

Now I need to go check Bearflag’s thread to see how their Little Owl is doing. :frowning:

Gah! Tammy Faye Boehner gives tears a bad name. Watch his upper lip; he starts waggling it in and out when he’s trying to make himself cry. It’s a parlor trick. The fact that it works on the American public makes me sick.

Gah! Tammy Faye Boehner gives tears a bad name. Watch his upper lip; he starts waggling it in and out when he’s trying to make himself cry. It’s a parlor trick. The fact that it works on the American public makes me sick.

I don’t deny that. But I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Even demons like Republicans. :wink:

I saw that movie once. No way am I going to put myself through it again!

My grandfather and uncle both got more emotional as they got older, particularly when their health started declining.

I’ve noticed that since I turned, oh, about 35, my eyes tear up often and not just in emotional circumstances. I could be singing a hymn in church (ok, sometimes that’s emotional) or just having a fun conversation with a co-worker and all of the sudden I can’t see anything. It’s weird.

*I kind of like chick flicks sometimes…

Hurries to watch Predator

Though I have quite some time before middle age, I have found myself crying more as I get older. Beyond that, whereas I was once a gore hound with a stomach of steel, I’m disturbed by what seems like my diminishing tolerance for horror and ultraviolence. I’m still debating whether I’m getting more touchy with age, not to mention real-life experience with violence and death, or whether it’s just getting more graphic.

Luckily, I have a vagina. I don’t have to fret until I feel really angry and have to feel around for a penis, I guess.

Huh, really? I always thought I was slightly weird for this habit. Pretty heavy stuff can happen in real life, and I’m dry-eyed. Put me in front of, say, The Iron Giant and I’m a wreck.

OMG, I’m tearing up right now. Over the ending… AGAIN.

I cried one time when Chuck Norris showed compassion after kicking someone’s ass.