Curious about a small "Bible Museum" I visited in L.A. as a kid

When I was growing up, my brother and I had two friends, also brothers, who lived up the street. By the age of 12 or 13 or so, we’d stopped going to Sunday School, but our friends’ family was a bit more religions and they were still regular church-goers. We went with them a few times after staying over Saturday night. At any rate, there was this one time when we went to a small museum, probably converted from a house, that had various Bible-related artifacts on display, like nails from the time of the Crucifixion and so forth. The guide who showed us around also explained some bits of present-day ways of living in the Holy Land, such as the custom of briefly smacking the lips and saying what I remember as “Humdul’Allah” after taking a drink.

Anyhow, I’m just curious; does anyone else from L.A. know what this place was, and who ran it? For some reason I remember it as overlooking the 5 on the east side.

It couldn’t have been the Glendale Forest Lawn museum, could it? Doesn’t seem like it, since I remember the museum as being in a largish two-story house. A good size for a house, but small for a museum.