Czarcasm, Giraffe, is this a new pit policy?

:eek:

Regardless of what my opinion is of your particular pet rearing habits, that was truely a cuntish thing for someone to do. I’m really sorry that happened.

I’m not the one that brought the thing back into the light.

What happened on my site was a direct result of this thread. Someone from this forum came on my forum and filled it with threatening posts, and I’m not supposed to bring it up over here?

I’ve already asked that my thread be deleted, but I was told “we simply don’t delete threads.” Which is a pretty simple minded policy for a forum that pretends to care about its members, since the thread I wanted deleted is resulting in personal threats.

Well Spongemom, you’ve just put neon lights around it for anybody who might have missed it the first time around.

The topic of this thread is closing threads, not deleting them. We don’t delete threads. Posters are warned in the registration agreement that they solely responsible for the content of their messages.

We are already in active communication with you via e-mail on this. I am warning you: Do not drag events on your site onto this board.

TVeblen

I wouldn’t bet on it either way. I’ve been too often surprised about who turns out the hero of a Pitting. Tuckerfan’s is a recent example. I never imagined people defending “link find” spam but they did.

You didn’t start the fight, but you are continuing it. You’ve deleted the posts and blocked the poster - what do you hope to accomplish by posting here?

Said with all sympathy and compassion, you really need to let this go.

Active communication? That’s a joke. I’ve gotten one single email, saying “We simply don’t delete threads.” That’s all. That’s active?

Don’t “warn me” not to drag things from my site over here when it was this site that brought the crap to mine in the first place. I don’t have to tolerate people threatening me, which is what one of your members did. Joined today, with the name “Informant”, and made numerous posts all over my forum that pertained to nothing but my thread on here, and I doubt it would have happened, had the thread not been linked to in this thread. If, for some absurd reason, it can’t be deleted, then disable the link to it in this thread.

Once again, I DO NOT have to tolerate personal threats.

I’ll let it go as soon as the thread is gone and the threats resulting from the thread stop. I’d hate to have to file harrassment charges, but that’s exactly what’s happening on my forum - harrassment, and it’s a direct result of my thread not being deleted when I asked months ago.

Um, that was referring to Spongemom.

This is beyond the pale.

Spongemom, you realize the board has zero obligation to submit to your demands, right? You signed up agreeing that anything you posted was theirs to do with as they please. Go cry about it somewhere else because doing it here is only going to draw more attention to it.

And threatening charges over internet message board postings? That’s just sad.

Perhaps instead of posting here you should be emailing whoever hosts the IP you banned. This thread is trying to discuss your case only in the abstract as it pertains to board policy. You only snowball your problems by dredging up the details here.

And if you want to get legal: you are actively contibuting to your damages rather than trying to mitigate them…

I’m not being a smart ass, but file what charges? Against who? Because someone said something mean about you on the Internet? That’s not going to fly.

Let it die and this thread will sink to the bottom of the Pit and be forgotten, just like your original post was. Will it crop back up in six months? A year? Doubtful, but maybe. That’s what happens on forums. However, the faster it dies and moves on, the better chance of it being forgotten. Keep up your current actions and… what? Find yourself banned? Piss off more asshole lurkers that can go and deface your forum? Let this thread spin into a six page trainwreck that everyone will reference, which will lead back to your original thread?

Seriously. Let it go. The only person who’s going to pay any sort of “consequences” here is you, unfortunately.

When someone says that they are going to hunt a person down and tear them up like a dog would, yes, charges can be filed.

I left a long time ago, thinking that my thread would drop and be forgotten, and look what happened.

Wrong, Spongemom. You alone are responsible for what you post here. We didn’t make you write it. We do not turn the Dope’s written record into swiss cheese just because people sometimes post things they later regret.

Stop blaming our members and this board for consequences arising from your own actions.

I not only can warn you, you better take it dead seriously. If you don’t knock this off, immediately, I’ll put you into temporary ban, pending full review. You seem hellbent and determined to reprise your trainwreck, but that doesn’t mean we’ll allow you to do it.

TVeblen

Spongemom, So some dickhead spammed your site, you banned his IP and it stopped. If you would never have come back here, no one would have known. Now we all know and it will put the same idea into the mind of a few more people and you’ll likely get hit again. Had you shut the fuck up, that wouldn’t have happened. Bad move.

Haj

Spongemom has been suspended for a few days, not banned. Only admins can customize the labels, and none are online right now. The situation had gone far enough (too far), as had the hijack.

Veb

You’re threatening legal actions… because somebody posted mean things about you… on your internet forum… about your cats.

Right now, Jean Teasdale is laughing at you.

Wow. My timing sucks, and I look like a dick. TVeblen’s post about the banning wasn’t there when I previewed.

Sorry to do this folks, but this thread is hopelessly compromised. It isn’t kosher to make Spongemom the topic since she’s on suspension and can’t reply.

If someone wants to re-start the original issue under discussion, that’s fine. Link to this thread so the entire discussion isn’t lost, but leave Spongemom out of it.

Veb