Czarcasm, is it possible for a liberal to draw a warning for insulting a conservative?

I dunno.

I guess i’m one of the liberal “usual suspects” around here, but i think Oakminster has a point in this particular case.

Here’s the chronology:

12:41 p.m.

2:29 p.m.

3:04 p.m.

(A post that effective reiterates his earlier assertion that conservative and intellectual are mutually exclusive terms.)

4:32 p.m.

7:07 a.m.

7:28 a.m.

As far as i can tell, Rigamarole made a direct assertion that conservative and intellectual are incompatible terms, made the same assertion again after a moderator had told everyone to stay on topic, and received a Moderator Note for it.

JThunder made no claims about the intelligence or intellectual capacity of anyone, but did make some off-topic general remarks about the moderation of the board, and received an explicit Moderator Warning, including the words “Infraction issued.”

I’m not arguing that either of these sins was especially heinous. In fact, if they had both passed with nothing more than an admonition to keep on track, then i wouldn’t have cared. But it seems to me that, whether or not they were egregious breaches of the rules, they were both about equally bad, and yet only one received an official warning or infraction.

I have no bone to pick with Rigamarole, and nor do i particularly want him to receive a warning. I feel similarly about JThunder. This isn’t about them. It’s about the fact that we should be able to expect a certain amount of consistency in the way this place is moderated, and it looks rather bad when moderators appear to give more breaks to people who share their political outlook. Czarcasm, even if this wasn’t what you intended, it certainly could appear that way.