D--D--D--D DORA!!! Make it stop dear God.

Heh. I ended up vegging out to Bob the Builder the other day, totally unintended. I was flipping through channels and saw this onion-headed scarecrow thingy flitting around pulling tricks on talking construction machinery. I stopped channel-surfing for about ten seconds just to figure out what it was and ended up watching the whole half-hour. The end credits came up, I blinked and looked at the time, and realized I’d just been completely hypnotized by a television show aimed at people about 1/10 my age.

Oh, and I will watch Blue’s Clues as well if it’s a Joe one. He’s tons cuter than Steve was…

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
D D D D D Doraa!

Harborwolf and I watch this show occasionally with daughter, and just MST3K it to death. We did it so much that our daughter started doing it too! The thing I hate about it is when the stuff goes back in the backpack and he says “yum yum yum yum yum delicioso!” That’s disgusting. I don’t like the implication that he eats the contents of the backpack. That means that when it comes out, he’s puking or shitting. Either idea is unacceptable. Also, the yelling drives me crazy, and the fact that their problems are so easily solved, and they make things needlessly complicated to achieve their goal.

Mine like the PBS shows, Scooby-Doo and Rolie Polie Olie on Disney. In the toddler days once they learned how to work the VCR we heard Bananas in Pajamas (and other things) 30 times a day. We didn’t have cable then. I got cable in self-defense.

There’s a new show on Cartoon Network called The Kids Next Door on Friday nights…they are glued to it. Hypnosis or something. They don’t blink.

What’s the joke here? From my searching, they’re either boxer soundalikes or combinations of Pink Floyd members.

I prefer jokes I can get, like the episode that involved a contest. Not only did they make fun of themselves with a show called “Andy and Pals,” the stories Arthur and friends came up with were done in the style of various TV shows, including South Park, Dexter’s Laboratory, Beavis and Butt-head, and Dr. Katz. Very funny.

That was another classic, brilliant episode, I agree.

Sonny Liston and Floyd Patterson were heavyweight boxers… I think they both fought Muhummad Ali? (One of them maybe when he was known as Cassius Clay.)

posted by vanilla

I do not have to love him. He’s creepy. I don’t know if he is a child molester or a serial killer, but he’s gotta be one of them. And what penguin hates going into the water!?!?

I don’t mind Dora or Oswald. I actually sorta like Blue sometimes (get a small kick out of looking for the hidden snails). But God save me from the Teletubbies! What are these things? Freakish little vampire-with-a-hairlip kinds of creatures that can’t talk properly and have TV monitors in their stomachs, for heaven’s sweet sake! Fortunately, it doesn’t come on at a time or channel where my little one seems to be able to find it. Unfortunately, whenever we go to to video store, she heads straigh for the Teletubbies videos! Aaarrrrgggghhh!

My daughter loves Dora, her whole room is decorated with Dora. She has the shoes and the dancing doll and I must admit…I sometimes sneak in and make Dora dance. I read the same Dora story to her every night because right now it’s her favorite. With my son it’s Thomas the boring ass train. I really get tired of Thomas, at least with Dora I get to beat the kids to the answers!

No, no…it’s Thomas the Boring-Ass Tank Engine!

:smiley:

Thoooooooooooomas…theeeeeeeee…tank engiiiiiiiine…

I have never seen or heard of Dora, and I neither have nor know any children, but Spongebob Squarepants rules. And Steve from Blue’s Clues is hot.

I gotta get me some of that shit, yo…

Snails? Huh?

Explain.

And that would explain it. I only watch Noggin from like 7am to around 830am. No worries. I’ll have to keep an eye out though.

Tristan, in every episode of Blue’s Clues, there are three hidden pink snails. They’re very cute. You never know where they’ll be, and often you only see about two-thirds of their entirety. My personal take is that they put the snails there just for the grown-ups. I don’t think the kids pay any attention.

No way. Steve’s brother Joe is much hotter. I’d like to get Joe on that Thinking Chair and have my way with him… :wink:

Oh. My. Gawrd.

This has degenerated into a discussion of whether we wanna have our way with Steve, possibly up on SideTable, his* little eyes bugging out as he says, “Check out what’s in the drawer NOW, babe!” or Joe, arms tethered behind the Thinking Chair as we do a slow dance and teasingly strip, purring, “Just sit down in that Thinking Chair and think…think…oh yeah, baby, THINK!!!”

“I’ll give you a clue, lover! Left…up…YOU FOUND A PAWPRINT! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!”

: BOGGLE :

I never knew that thing about the snails. Next time I have the opportunity I’ll have to keep my eyes open for those.

*[sup]“his” = “SideTable,” not Steve.[/sup]

But its so cool to hear it narrated by George Carlin. I imagine he’s thinking to himself “Man, here I am, making voices to pretend trains!” hee hee

BTW, Sagwa is pretty good.

<Homer>Mmmmm…Jooooe…</Homer>
I’d draw him some clues. :wink:

Okay, if you live in western Canada and are watching Treehouse, which one are you seeing, Joe or Steve? I know, I could do a few minutes of online research and answer my own question, but this just seems easier.

Oh, and can I just say “Ewww!”?

If he wears a green striped polo shirt, it’s Steve. If he has a cotton sweater with a pattern of squares across the chest, it’s Joe.

Perhaps there are those of you who think I exaggerate the mind control effects of Dora and her dominions…

Doubt no more.

See here for proof of the sinister methods of the Dora Cult.

aDORAble!

My daughter heard the music and came running in “Momma, I heard the Dora song!” So now she is playing her Dora computer game.