Dancing With The Stars-Season 23

Some real ballroom excitement tonight.

Results from the first night

James Hinchcliffe and Sharna were the surprise tonight. Sharna did a amazing job with him.

The other front runners were people you’d expect to dance well.

I think Ryan will get some much needed support after tonight’s bizarre incident. He made a mistake in Rio, it’s cost him sponsors and a 10 month ban from swimming. He’s working hard now to make amends and win back fans.

Yeah, that was pretty awkward to watch–on the broadcast you just see Carrie Ann start telling someone off-screen to stop, over and over. I was watching time-delayed on my DVR, so I immediately went online to find out what had happened. Lochte protesters. I blame Donald Trump. :wink:

I wasn’t able to pay close attention to all the dances, so I may have missed some of the good ones, but I wasn’t terribly impressed with most that I saw. Hinchcliffe was okay. Hernandez was, as one might expect, very good. Vanilla Ice obviously has some moves, but the judges were right to criticize the dance content.

I like that this show doesn’t shy away from recruiting contestants who are differently-abled, but I feel uneasy when it appears they are being scored on a bigger curve than the rest of the field.

I normally root for Emma to stick around for as long as possible, but god I hope Rick Perry gets eliminated first.

Lochte was surprisingly bad. Jole was quite good. Hernandez was fantastic (shocker), and should be disqualified as having too much of a dance background. She’s great, but I just don’t think it’s fair. Rick Perry, as the token geezer, will not last.

V’Ice did pretty much what I expected him to do-put on a music video and pretty much ignore the style of dance he was assigned to do. I think there may be a crash-and-burn the first time he is forced to not play that character and actually dance.

Local news played a clip of Perry’s performance this morning. To the amusements of the news, weather & traffic folk…

The pro is responsible for the choreography, so I don’t think it’s fair to blame VI. He got decent scores, even if Len was such a stick-in-the-mud.

I loved the moment when Carrie-Ann said something like this to Jana Kramer:

*I don’t think you need to work on the “sexy” anymore as I think you laid it all out there tonight. *

Jana was visibly embarrassed, but hey, it’s just show-biz!!

Perry was unusually bad. It didn’t look like he had rehearsed much at all. He should be the first elimination.

Ryan was unimpressive too. Considering his known athleticism. I’ll be surprised if he makes it to the top 6.

Marilu looked a step or two slow in the jive. Otherwise she did pretty good. She’ll do much better in the slower dances.

Vanilla Ice is in the middle of a 90’s tour. His rehearsal time will be limited. He’ll probably be eliminated early.

Jana Kramer who sexes up a waltz? What was Gleb thinking??? Very questionable choreography.

No elimination until after week 2. Everybody gets to dance again.

I was expecting the Under Pressure dance from Vanilla. It IS the first night after all, and that’s what he’s most famous for.

They protested the swimmer and not the ex-Gov? Huh…

How is the Little Person going to do a Tango, that’s what I want to see.

ABC released video of the incident last night. It was just a vocal protest. The two men could have easily attacked Lochte but simply were vocally protesting. Security tackled one guy and led the other guy off in cuffs.

A bit unnerving for a silly dance show with sequins.

Under Pressure starts out the same, but that’s Queen. VI did Ice-Ice Baby, which is what he is famous for. It’s easy to mix up those two songs because of the beginning.

I would call it a bit more than vocal. One guy was just a few inches away form Lochte and may have even had physical contact. He was definitely in his face.

Bruno said he thought Perry and his pro were in different time zones. :smiley:

Clears throat… I did not mix them up. I did that on purpose.

Finding that I didn’t miss Mark at all. Glad he’s sitting out the season.