Danna Vale is a good reason for legalising RU486...retrospectively.

In Australia at present there is widespread debate over whether the release/legalisation of the abortificant drug RU486, should be decided by the government or the relevent federal health commission. It should be a no-brainer really…issues of safety and efficacy of drugs should be left to the health authorities (the TGA, Aus equivalent to the FDA), but many gummint peoples have decided this should be a moral issue as well. Fortunately, thus far, sensibility has won over, and the question has passed the Senate and is going to be voted on in the House of Reps next week…with much confidence that it will pass there too.

Except today, we got a renegade in our midst…one Danna Vale, a dickwit Liberal (Conservative) backbencher who reckons that if Aussies continue to breed themselves out of existence, then the Muslims will take over the country. We’re going to be overrun by the Halal Hordes :stuck_out_tongue:

Look, lady, if you’re opposed to abortion that’s fine. You’re out of your depth though because abortion is already legal in Australia under certain circumstances. It’s not like it’s anything new.

But appealing to the insecure and sometimes frightened masses that we are going to become a Muslim nation if we allow the use of RU486 is just bloody pathetic. Even the newsreader (when I first heard of this tonight) could barely suppress a giggle when he was reading the story of your less than spectacular thesis.

You are a fuckwit of the highest order Danna Vale. Piss off and spout your crap somewhere else, you are not welcome here. I must commend you for incorporating your anti-abortion and anti-Islam sentiments in one fell swoop though…not too many others could have done that, unless they were complete idjits like you. :smiley:

Maybe she has shares in an abortion clinic. There is one up the road from me, in a building designed to look like no human activity takes place there. This is to avoid trhe intentions of protesters. The car park is chocablock five and a half days a week. RU 486 would cut into their takings I imagine.

Hehehe…I never thought of that!!

Good call dude. Maybe we should do an FOI check on her business dealings?

:smiley:

Well we’d have less contempt for her if it turned out to be normal politician’s avarice and self interest rather than mind numbing stupidity.

Ooooh, that’s harsh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alas for Ms Vale, I think it* might* just be complete imbecility. This is the chick who wanted to recreate Gallipoli on a beach south of Melbourne just so that the poor punters who couldn’t afford a trip to Turkey could ‘re-live’ the experience of their forefathers. For the record, that suggestion got larfed down in a hail of derision too.

Sharp as a bag of corks this one. We should keep her though…just for entertainment value if nothing else. :smiley:

So that’s what those beach rioters were up to - it was a historical re-enactment.

Perhaps Alan Jones will write to her saying, “Stay splayed and true”.

Shudder.

So down there liberal means conservative? You really are upside down.

I think the OP meant “retroactively”.

The reasoning for the RU486 thing made me giggle in a ‘oh good lord’ sort of way.

The Gallipoli thing? Left me slack-jawed.

“I’m sorry, I’m stunned beyond the capacity for human expression.”
:eek:

It’s the Coriolis Effect acting on politics.

Why do people (not just you Aussies, but people worldwide), keep electing crackpots like this? And if we keep electing these dingbats in, aren’t we just getting what we deserve?

Danna Vale’s always been a fucking fruit loop.

It’s like we’ve gone back in time 100 years. Back then, the morons were worried about Australia being overrun by “yellow” hordes; now it’s Muslims.

Same batshit idiocy; different century.

Well, those aborigines 200 years ago worrying about the hordes of caucasians may have had a point.

The parliamentary system in Australia works on ‘electorates’, a geographically/population bounded area where candidates stand for election to the House of Representatives. In other words, most of Australia didn’t get a choice in the matter when Danna was elected. I certainly didn’t. :smiley:

The good news is that freaks like her tend to have a very limited shelf-life in politics. Once they end up being a* liability* to the Party, they find themselves challenged in (what are locally called) preselection ballots: run by the party to endorse the candidate they feel best offers them a chance of winning the local seat of parliament.

If they’re crazy (or gifted) enough, they end up either running for parliament as an Independent (not affiliated with any political party). Mostly though they end up crawling back under the rocks they came from originally.

:smiley: :smiley:

kambukta, sounds like it is easier for you to get rid of the clinically insane that invade your political world. Here, trying to unseat incumbents, no matter how daft, is a difficult process. Thank Og for term limits in NY. How some local politicians ever get elected is beyond me. I could find better candidates in a first-grade classroom.

kambukta, sounds like it is easier for you to get rid of the clinically insane that invade your political world. Here, trying to unseat incumbents, no matter how daft, is a difficult process. Thank Og for term limits in NY. How some local politicians ever get elected is beyond me. I could find better candidates in a first-grade classroom.

Just so there is no misunderstanding here:

Arnold Schwarzenegger. Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

We here in the US are not above this either.

Never said nor even implied we were.