Dank Brandon (President Biden) announces Federal pardon of Marijuana Possession and use charges - inmates, review of federal laws re: same

Also, a review of MJ’s status as a Schedule 1 narcotic is in the works.

Here he lays out the plan on Twitter:

Fantastic news!

Does the re-scheduling of marijuana change the way mj-related businesses are able do to banking? Or is that a separate issue altogether?

My visceral reaction is “what took so fucking long?”

Realistically, I understand how a Silent Generation president weaned from a long spell in a culturally conservative Senate would make this at the very least a low priority.

But we’re nearing the quarter point of the 21st century FFS; let’s get realistic here. And let’s give the yutes one more reason to become Democrats for life.

One could argue that by doing this within a month of the 2022 midterms, he made it a major priority.

Looking forward to seeing my childhood friends again!

Imgur

Countdown to RW media labeling this a racist policy because it will benefit more minorities than whites.

And the answer to that is that the drug policy was always racist to begin with, so Biden’s just taking race out of the equation.

“Dank Brandon,” I think, was not a typo. I sense a moderator not familiar with the latest drug terminology. :wink:

Yes, are we sure dank was a typo?

DANK WAS not A TYPO!

Excellent step in the right direction.

I have to imagine that there are extremely few federal prisoners doing time for simple possession, though.

I have restored the dankness.

Let’s all chip in and get this for Aspenglow.

About 6500 in the District of Columbia, according to this.

Dank is multiple decades old. The kids probably don’t even use it anymore.

My wife and I use “Dank!” as a term of approval in the conscious knowledge that it makes us sound old.

(Please note the wink, says the guy who bought his first baggie more than thirty years ago.)

Thanks. That’s more than I expected.

Makes sense if you consider that anyone smoking a joint in D.C. is under federal jurisdiction. Outside of the quirky legal status of that city, I suspect there’s very few people this applies to. Maybe if you get caught getting high in a national park?

Happy Danksgiving!