Dark Knight Rises villains(and actors) announced

Maybe it’s just a function of the specific movies I’ve seen/heard of her in, but my mental image of Anne Hathaway is much more clean and Disney-friendly. Which is not to say, of course, that that image couldn’t change.

He was already in the first film.

I’m given to understand that some kind soul has captured the important Anne Hathaway scene for us all so that one can see the relevant portion without having to sit through the rest of the movie.

You mean, like here?

http://anarchology.org/index.php?topic=2683.0

(NSFW, obviously).

Hmmm… with Anne Hathaway’s mouth and her penchant for bold lipstick, I think she’d make a better Joker…

Really? Where? It couldn’t have been more than a passing mention.

Ahh, I see wikipedia has this to say:

So he wasn’t really in the film in any major way, and was in a way already introduced, so I still think it would have been cool to use him.

Her scene from Brokeback Mountain is amusing. That film will have featured two Batman villains, and Jake Gyllenhaal having sex with each.

Watch “Rachel Getting Married.” It’ll destroy that image.

Are you mad, man? In the The Gift, we get a brief scene with Holmes topless. A wonderful sight to behold to be certain.

In Havoc, there are multiple scenes of the stunning Ms. Hathaway topless, making out with a chick, masturbating and other choice bits. Just topless, but MAN she’s great.

Also talented, which is a big plus. Far more than Katie Holmes, imo.

I was hoping to see Talia as well, along with The Riddler and/or Poison Ivy. (Could you imagine Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy? Holy crap.)

Maybe there’s still hope for one of the two female villains. I do remember reading an article that said they were casting two new female roles.

Hathaway was pretty good in an “action” role as Agent 99 in the Get Smart movie, so I can see her pulling off Catwoman.

I’m glad to hear that Bane will be in this movie–hopefully they’ll do him right. This will give me an excuse to read all of my Knightfall comic books again.

Tom Hardy was IMO the best thing about ST: Nemesis and Inception, so I have high hopes.

Perhaps Hollywood has finally seen the wisdom in Robot Arm’s First Law of Superhero Movie Casting. Anybody can put on the suit; choose actors who can convincingly play the secret identity.

Tom Hardy as Bane?

Well, on the one hand, this suggests they’ll be doing his personality correctly, instead of dumb muscle like Batman & Robin (or numerous other appearances in various media)…it sounds like they might be swinging too much in the opposite direction. Sure he’s filled out since Nemesis, but not nearly to Bane-appropriate proportions.

I’ve never much cared for Catwoman, but Ann Hathaway is stupidly attractive and can act. I’ll trust Christopher Nolan.

As for Bane? I was hoping it would be him and I love Tom Hardy.

Still boils down to a script, as it always does.

Sounds like some folks here didn’t go see Love and Other Drugs in the theater. Lots of top quality Anne Hathaway nudity and crazy-sexy in that film.

Weird, both villains are not planner types. Nolan’s Batman requires a schemer type villain. Black Mask or Riddler would have been much more interesting.
Nolan already goofed it up on his non planner villain in Dark Knight, Two-Face kind of sucked (Dent was good but Two-Face wasnt).
Hope they use Bane as he was used in “The Batman” cartoon, apart from that treatment, Bane tends to look and feel like a bear-BDSM-hard-gay-sex-muscle man.
Are we sure Anne Hattaway plays Catwoman and not another female villain like Poison Ivy (or even Barbara Gordon)?

Hope it’s Dark Knight good and not Batman Begins bad.

This. If anyone can make Catwoman look good it’s Nolan, and with Hathaway he’s got a great muse.

Hmm… I’m not familiar with the comics, but Bane’s first arc seems kind of schemey from the wikipedia summary - he’s a strong schemer, but a schemer.

I wonder if we could actually include in the movie the scene where he lets the inmates of Arkham go; that could be really cool. Of course, they probably wouldn’t be able to work the ‘big name crazies’ in, but it could work nonetheless.

Aren’t they all still running loose in the Narrows? That never really got resolved from Batman Begins, did it?