Dark time: The Onion covers Katrina

Ok, I laughed. :smiley:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40305

A few headlines on the main page you miss clicking on the above link:

• Officials Uncertain Whether To Save Or Shoot Victims
  • Nation’s Politicians Applaud Great Job They’re Doing
  • Area Man Drives Food There His Goddamned Self
  • Bush: ‘It Has Been Brought To My Attention That There Was Recently A Bad Storm’

Yes, those are joke headlines. Sometimes the line gets blurry. :eek:

Whoops - that should be dark humor time. :smack:

HAH!

Our best efforts overshadowed by the Onion’s Greatness.

I’m printing off this whole edition.

Another classic headline: “Government Relief Workers Mosey In To Help”

I’m trying not to laugh while I’m sitting in class right now when I think about that.

Truely, The Onion has done an excellent job with this.

You know, after so many great posts in this thread, I figured there was no way the Onion could top what our gang came up with.

I was wrong. :slight_smile:

FEMA representatives call out to survivors, “Show us your tits for emergency rations!”

That is wrong on so many levels. And yet so right…

There’s a story that guys is rescue choppers & boats have done just that.

Just comparing the headlines in the OP, I think the thread was much funnier.
Of course, the thread just consisted of headlines & not stories.

I thought the thread was funnier too. I have seen real headlines that closely matched almost all of the Onion’s in the past week. When I first read their’s, it took me a minute to realize that I was looking at the Onion rather than a regular news site.

I was really shocked to see that the Onion’s response was so damned benign and, dare I say, lazy. The weakest contributions to that thread were 10x funnier than anything the Onion came up with - I just expected far better and funnier from them. Their post-9/11 issue remains one of the single funniest and most brilliant pieces of comedy I’ve ever seen.

“Shrimp Joint Now Shrimp Habitat”

::snerk::

Lazy ain’t the half of it. Sometime between last week and this, they stopped granting access to Mac Explorer users. I mean, wha? It’s like running a bar and refusing to serve any man in a tan suit.

Where did you see this? Mr. Rilch tells me he saw such an article on Drudge, but I can’t find it.