Dating is like Fishing

Shit, UB get out the ground warmers. Frost line’s at 72 inches again . . .
Fishy fingers. Good one! I told you there was more to this than I thought! :smiley:

Tripler
One sick puppy.

tries to summon a laugh
fails
tries to summon a big smile
fails
tries to summon a grin
fails

Hrm. I have to work on that whole “being amused at other people being pathetic” thing.

Then again, it has been theorized that I’m just a random whirling bitch anyhow, so…

Although I have to state for the record that, even from my wallflower position, I can tell a BOY from a MAN.

Yeah, you start comparing a certain gender’s equipment to anything piscean in nature, and it’s bound to solicit a little laughter, and more than likely a little anger.

[sub]Someone been eating tuna in here?[/sub]

And NO, it’s not by the size of his FINS, you cretins.

Thanks for at least letting me know. Falc I always knew you’d be there with the little life raft when I was floating belly-up :smiley:

And Simetra, fear not. I’m 24 myself, and nothing but a wee minnow swimming in shark-infested waters . . .
Tripler
I think I’ve just about given up on this thread. I need a TDY to write about or something. . .

You know it, babe. smooches :slight_smile:

Sometimes fish floating belly-up just get gaffed.

You can’t forget the importance of a strong line and a good rod.
:smiley:
Silo
And yes, the grain in storage has been fermented tonight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dating is like fishing? I’ll buy that. How you fish generally depends on what you’ll catch. If you are after trout (smooth, dignified debutantes), elegant handmade flies (no pun intended here). If you want Northern Pike (big, nasty, desperate souls) throw out just about anything. But if your bait smells like smegma, toejam or chiken liver, don’t be surprised when you reel in a catfish… (slimy, big mouthed, whiskered, spiny bottom feeders). And one of the golden rules, if you drink too much and make too much noise, you’ll have a good time fishing but probably won’t catch a thing, and if you do… you’ll feel bad later that you kept it:)

But as the old saying goes… A bad day fishing is better than a good day working. Besides, with the right sauce and wine, any fish can be made pretty delicious if only for one meal:D

Hint for the uninitiated: the man is the one without the propeller beanie.

that eliminates george w bush!

You see?!? Someone is finally getting this. :smiley:

Any y’all think I’m nuts. Well, yer only half right.
Tripler
The other half is undiagnosed

I think it’s brilliant.

As for me, I was just paddling along one day, and this big, gorgeous salmon just jumped right into my boat! Talk about luck! My method may not have been too reliable, but the weather was good, the location was perfect, and the bait was outstanding! :slight_smile: