Dave Mustain is off his meds

President Obama staged the Colorado and Wisconsin shootings to pass gun ban.

Mods, wasn’t sure where to put this, it seemed to qualify for Cafe Society and probably GD or the Pit, so move it as you see fit.

You know how, in the NFL, there is a big broo-ha-ha (sp?) due to the increasing evidence that sub-concussive brain trauma built up over years of practice and playing is leading to early onset dementia for many ex-players?

What do you reckon 30+ years of headbanging does to the brain of your average metal musician? Can we encourage members of the metal community to donate their brains to the NFL brain bank to see if there are any correlations there?

Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks was vilified for apologizing for Bush in the UK. This is a bit more. At various points, Mustaine has come across as reasonably articulate; now he sounds off his meds, indeed. Sad, really.

No post-concussion syndrome needed. What he’s suggesting is nuts, but so is the ranting by 9-11 Truthers that George Bush was behind the 9-11 attacks and probably most of them never got off their couch in their lives, much less head-banged. Some people are just idiots.

I was, of course, being somewhat flippant. Clearly he’s got no bloody clue what he’s on about.

Still, all of this NFL stuff did make me wonder what I had done to myself in my youth going to QOTSA gigs :eek:

Idiocy is his business… and business is good.

I see what you did there.

It’s always lead guitarists. :smiley:

Ha. That’s passing strange. From the text:
[INDENT]“Back in my country, my president,” Mustaine begins and then pretends to gag himself with his finger, “is trying to pass a gun ban so he’s staging all of these murders. The ‘Fast and Furious’ thing down at the border. And Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now, the beautiful people at the Sikh temple.”[/INDENT]

Further on there’s his endorsement of Rick Santorum, and this assessment of the Republican primary field: Mustaine called Newt Gingrich an “angry little man” and said Ron Paul will “make total sense for a while, and then he’ll say something so way out that it negates everything else.”

There’s some preliminary research that suggests you’re onto something.

If Mustaine really wants to leave the U.S., I suppose I’ll get over it, you know, eventually. Within minutes, I bet.

What meds are 80’s hair band idiots on? Cocaine snorted off the ass of a 48 year old groupie?

He must be an Alex Jones and/or Mike Adams fan. Both of them have suggested the same thing.

Ummm, I think that’s the Sebastien Bach/Bret Michaels thread, isn’t it?

Actually, that’s pretty much correct.

A friend of Mom’s mentioned the OP topic today of Facebook. I explained who Dave Mustaine was & noted that he had been a druggie & wacky liberal & then got off drugs & became a wacky conservative Christian. Some people can change their lives & politics & faith but the wackiness remains.

Yeah, but she was hot!

Yeah, but it was funny to read Mustaine’s belief about Obama staging multiple mass murders, and then his complaint that some of Ron Paul’s ideas were just too crazy.

Yes, he and Jones have been slobbering each other for a while now.

Okay.

First, it’s a lie, right? I’m not aware of any take-your-guns away legislation floating around Congress at all. Anyone know otherwise?

Second, I thought Mustaine had become a Jehovah’s Witness. If that’s still true and he’s still a JW, wtf is he doing involving himself in politics by making public political statements? That’s a JW no-no.

Nevermind. After some Wiki research, I found this:

Ohhhh-kay. Whatever keeps you sober Dave. I’m still not buying your albums, so good luck with the lies and Jesus thing.

Earlier this year, when asked if he supported gay marriage, he said, “Well, since I’m not gay, the answer would be no.” That could possibly be the stupidest reason i’ve heard to be against it, and there are quite a few stupid ones.
I wonder if he would give the same answer if asked if he supported civil rights for blacks.

about 6:30 into the video … http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169975

So dumb, so crazy … so what! He makes great music.