Dear Red Sox Fans:

While I think you are right about the Millar attempt at a double, I didn’t see many other examples of lack of hustle in the Oakland series.

The two examples I would point to are the excellent play by Nomar, finding the ball after the collision of Damon and Jackson and throwing the runner out at second, and Varitek’s drawing of the interference call at third. I guess we will have to disagree on this, when I see a team win a series without being able to hit I can appreciate the other talents they needed to pull out the series.

Laughed my ass off at this. It’s not the Red Sox fans selling “curse” merchandise in NY or waving 1918 signs in Yankee Stadium or telling their MA friends to remember Bucky Dent, whoever the hell he was. You’re probably speaking on behalf of all tepid Yankee fans everywhere…

Maybe you should try reading the next sentance:
“The base line belongs to the runner and the catcher should be there only when he is fielding a ball or when he already has the ball in his hand.”

Varitek was fielding the ball, so he has a right to be there. Maybe you need to brush up on your rules.

Tied up, good.

<Mandelbaum>
It’s go time!
</Mandelbaum>

Here’s my problem.

I live in Boston. I could care less about sports-baseball, football, basketball, whatever. I can’t open a newspaper, turn on the tv, or have a conversation that doesn’t involve how the Sox deserve to win. Hell, even the radio station (Country 99.5, which almost never talks about anything except country music) plays this lame rendition of “Nomar #5” at least 3 times an hour.

Attention world-Not everybody cares!!!

BLASPHEMY! Statements like that make me think that the terrorists have already won.

I’m from freakin’ Philadelphia - let’s talk about sucky, whiny-ass sports fans for a moment, shall we? - and I even care.

You got me drooling like Pavlov’s dog over here. Wednesday’s game was treat enough; Rawjah losing on Saturday would just be icing on the cake. Mmmm tasty!