I, for one, welcome our Wired, Tired, or Expired Overlords.
[QUOTE=Oakminster]
I, for one, welcome our Wired, Tired, or Expired Overlords.
[/QUOTE]
Somebody had to say it. I’d give it a wired. ![]()
You can wrest my “I burning your dog” from my cold, dead hands.
That whole thread just makes me giggle uncontrollably. I don’t know why. It’s like David Chapelle and his “Rosie O’Donnell’s underwear is full of dick holes” joke. It’s so stupid, but you can’t stop laughing at it and bringing it up. I’m sitting my quiet office making little suppressed-laugh squeaking noises just reading that thread again.
The only one that really irritates me is the Hal Briston sheep thing. Maybe because it’s referring to a specific person who has taken all the ribbing with perfectly good grace. It was funny for a couple of days, now it’s just horrible.
Most of the rest I can ignore or read when I want to. The Hi Opal thing should also be Terminated with Extreme Prejudice, though. I make it a point to make my third item in a list have nothing to do with Opal whatsoever. Eventually we’ll kill it.
[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
<snip>David Chapelle and his “Rosie O’Donnell’s underwear is full of dick holes” joke. <snip>
[/QUOTE]
I’ve never heard that one - but for some reason it’s got me cracking up. Is there more to it than that?
One that will always be funny and never grow tiresome- In Soviet Russia _____ ______'s you!
I’d like to see “Og” take a long rest. That one reached the “tired” status with me a loooooooooong time ago.
“Monkey Butlers” doesn’t get used nearly as much as it should these days.
[QUOTE=The Controvert]
Let’s rate our favorite SDMB cliches. When I see a “death rays” reference, I think “expired” (to borrow a Wired magazine convention).
similarly,
“Hi Opal” - tired
“marianas trench” - tired
“airplane on treadmill” - expired
Is anything still considered “wired”?
[/QUOTE]
To me they are like furniture; you might see the same sofa in you livingroom every day, but by Og (another piece of furniture) it is good to sit down and feel at home!
Kotick
Bat-jokes never grow old.
[QUOTE=dwc1970]
I’d like to see “Og” take a long rest. That one reached the “tired” status with me a loooooooooong time ago.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I’ll second that one. And the “Hi, Opal” one as well. Definitely tired.
[QUOTE=JThunder]
Bat-jokes never grow old.
[/QUOTE]
Unless you’re not prepared for them.
[QUOTE=Hal Briston]
Unless you’re not prepared for them.
[/QUOTE]
Kinda like the Inquisition, which is rarely expected.
It’s amusing when someone is brave enough to do a “grapist” post, mainly because it drives the mods batshit.
[QUOTE=wolf_meister]
CanvasShoes
You asked, so here is a link to that infamous thread:
Admittedly, I did make a few postings to it myself.
[/QUOTE]
Umm, thank you (I think). Interesting…
Strange…
Okay dokay…![]()
Have any of these come back yet?
One that would occasionally come up is DORRANCE 5X STAINLESS STEEL HOOKS.
Or something like that.
Do we still make zombie references?
Brains…
Tired - 1920s-style death ray
Wired - 2020s-style death ray