He should be a liberal
and write a haiku.

:slight_smile:

I don’t have the skills for haiku.
Although it seems easy for you.
…I mess up the sequence
…Of syllable frequence.
So, lim’ricks will just have to do.

When I saw your name at the end of this thread, I thought “Geez honey, why even bother showing up in this thread; you’ve got the board defending you this time!”

But then I saw you were merely sharing verse.

Carry on.

This was a fun thread until the OP came back and clarified that it was not, after all, a parody.

Poo.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by nogginhead *
**Many of my snide and sophomoric attacks may be poor, but I stand by the overall message: December offers no positive statements in favor of the GOP. His ideas seem to come from talk radio, rather than from intelligent consideration. His main issue is not that the Republicans are right but that they are better than the Democrats.

[QUOTE]

Look december gets pitted alot, usually with good reason, but you were wayyyyyyy off base here. And your half-assed explanation only makes your look more pathetic and stalker-ish.

Look, if you don’t like the conservative political cause, you should love december as his views and presentation do no favors to those trying to put forth a positive impression of the conservative political worldview.

Just like you are doing no favors to the “december doesn’t have a clue” worldview. If I didn’t already know about him, I would have had a much higher opinion of him after your pathetic OP. Your stalker-ish obsession with him is not heathy. And your “translations” make you look like a lying weasel.

:smack:

Thanks, all, for the constructive comments on my ethics, morals, intelligence, psychological health, and maturity.

I’m happy to be surrounded by so many perfect people that provide shining examples to emulate.

Brilliant!
::applause::
::throws roses at december’s feet::

Not here.

Even when we have our knock-down drag-outs here at the SDMB, we back them up with facts and citations. When you pit someone, first you have to prove that they deserve to be pitted before you start slinging shit. And you do that by calling attention to the pitee’s specific words and challenging them in a rational manner. “Blows below the belt” and “statement [sic] you know to be false” are not acceptable.

Now for a little haiku…

nogginhead posts crap,
sticks words in december’s mouth.
Apologize now.

Get it, biscuithead?

Limericking’s a skill I ain’t got
My limericks just aren’t very hot.
Though I think they’re the best
when it comes to the test.
I just can’t make my last line rhyme.

So the OP is undermining the anti-december cause by his low tactics. OTOH, the normally anti-december posters who rose to the defence are validating their anti-december stances by being selective in their criticism. I sense a conspiracy here somewhere. Don’t have it quite figured out yet, though.

Anyway, here’s my contribution:

A Pit thread attacking december,
He has more than most any member,
But now - unexpected,
The slam was rejected,
Now that is a thread to remember!

When one is in a hole, the first rule is stop digging.

Conspiracy? Who told you? {cough} I mean, there is no conspiracy here- nothing to see here people, move along. :wink:

I hereby resolve to be a nicer person and to think twice before OPing in the Pit.

I’ve wanted to pit December several times, but I haven’t ever pitted anyone, so I’ve been trying to be judicious about it. I agree with the OP, but I also agree with the sentiment that this particular offense was not clearly pit-worthy. I found december’s response hypocritical too, and called him on it in the thread about the Rush to Create a Liberal Rush. In that thread he claimed

He, to my knowledge, never responded to my observation that his stated reasons for being a Republican were all complaints about Democrats. He is also fond of claiming that Democrats lack any sort of agenda or coherent platform, yet again the basis of his choice to be a Republican is that Democrats are bad. While I’m at it, he also ran away from my question to him in the thread on Affirmative Action at UM, too!

Just getting a few things off my chest.

Or else to dig up. :wink: