Deep Space Nine

A fleet captain is a Commodore in Trek. I think.

A fleet captain is a Commodore. At least, they have the same rank insignia. In the Next Gen era, though, there were no commodores, at least, none that we saw. Sisko would have been one, though. I thought they shoulda given him that title, particularly after they promoted Kira to colonel. They had two officers with, technically, the same rank running the station.

Sisko was made Ross’ right hand guy in the fourth episode or so of the Sixth Season… the episode where they take the Defiant away from him.

The rank of Commodore was phased out in TOS. Instead, it was made into a temporary rank for someone commanding multiple starships.

I waited 30 years for this scene, the last shot in the 5th season Call To Arms. Sisko sitting stern and pensive on the bridge of the Defiant as he meets up with the combined Federation/Klingon taskforce, I had chills for a week.

At that point I would have said DS-9 was the best trek ever but then took a horrible turn with all that phrophet/gods stuff I absolutely hated this plot development and it kind of soured my love for DS-9.

Well, Picard seemed to think Sisko screwed up (at least if I remember the pilot correctly, it’s been a while since I saw it) and who am I to argue with the Captain of the Enterprise? :stuck_out_tongue:

As I recall, it was Sisko who blamed Picard for screwing up and thereby killing his (Sisko’s) wife, not the other way around.

And by blaming Picard for “screwing up”, I mean blaming Picard for all the terrible things he did as Locutus.

To Spectrum: you have the same name as me

Ryan… it’s a small Quadrant.

no even the last name is the same… but I bet you guess that :rollseyes:

That is because he is your clone!

Yeah. :slight_smile:

Yeah to the last name, I mean, not to the clone thing. :slight_smile:

Well that’s a disappointment. I was hoping a clone could finally answer that eternal question: What does Ryan_Liam look like?

And yes. Deep Space 9 still rocks.

Yeah to the last name, I mean, not to the clone thing. :slight_smile:

Err, wow, that must be the world’s longest-delayed double post. My bad. :slight_smile:

Wha’? Most confusing threadjack ever.

Whoa!

Dude!

That

was

AWESOME!

That’s exactly what a clone would say!

(but which one of you am i talking about? Muhahahaha!)

Then why did William Shatner do commercials for the Commodore VIC-20 back in the early 1980s?