[QUOTE=Orbifold]
Even giving this “va4marriage” group’s premise the benefit of the doubt is more credit than it deserves. Put another way, wondering “how much, if any, of that” is due to SSM is shifting the burden of proof from where it rightfully belongs. It is the responsibility of “va4marriage” to demonstrate that there is any kind of causal relationship between SSM and children born out of wedlock. Until they do their ridiculous premise is just so much worthless horseshit.
[/QUOTE]
Your absolutely right, the burden of proof is on them, and they fail to provide any cites for the studies that supposedly support their claims. I’d hoped someone who supports this amendment might be able to show up and provide such evidence. I can absolutely conceive of, and in fact know, individuals who feel like SSM demeans marriage; however, these individuals are already married.
[QUOTE=boytyperanma]
It is the people of VA once again making it clear they don’t want gays in there state. When I lived there they were getting ready to put the question on the ballet.
I left VA earlier then expected because I could not legaly defend myself against discrimination that was occour at my work. My BF joined me as soon as he finish at George Mason. VA does nothing to protect homosexuals and has no intention of changing that. They simple continue to ad laws preventing gays to live there comfortably.
I know a number of gays who lived in VA and left because the political climate. The gays I know that still live there have little intention of staying long term. I guess VA is being successful in driving us out.
[/QUOTE]
I understand you feeling ostracized by the state, but I’m curious as to what else, obviously aside from SSM, makes you feel so unwelcomed here. Especially in Northern Virginia, I would think you would feel as accepted as you would in any New England state.