Definitive evidence that FOX isn't fair and balanced?

Maybe you mean this one?

Regards,
Shodan

If that wasn’t a valid method, you’d expect to see a random outcome. Since the outcome when applied to politicians generally matches their layout on the political landscape, it seems to work.

As a programmer, I’d say that using non-hardcoded data to separate things is a very very good method to avoid human error. Why do you think otherwise?

Drudge doesn’t make his own news, he just copies from other sources. Assuming most news sources are liberal, the think tanks they reference will be most often liberal think tanks.

I’d say this is actually a fairly good test of the methodology of the research.

First, isn’t “assuming most news sources are liberal” begging the question? I think that assumption is much more of a right wing marketing slogan than reality.

Second, Drudge is more than a simple collection of links in at least two ways – prominence/position/duration he gives a story and its follow-up, and the Drudge headline is very often laughably misleading.

Lastly, if Drudge doesn’t make his own news, what was he doing in the survey? Or was he included in the survey because attention paid by drudge = more hits to that source = more coverage in the media in general?

Well again, note that liberal or conservative isn’t hardcoded into the study. It just lies people out as they relate to one another through a sort of gravity system. The majority of news outlets polled–which is a random sampling–ended up coming in nearest to Democratic politicians. If Drudge gets his news from a random sampling of news sources, their bent will effect his per the study methodology. So regardless of whether most news sources are liberal or not, the Drudge Report will end up as the average of most media news outlets. And, he did.