Demeaning post by IvoryTowerDenizen

I disagree. The OP was asking how to use Twitter not if he should use Twitter.

“What’s your opinion of Twitter?”
“I think it sucks.”
Appropriate answer.

“Do you use Twitter?”
“No, I don’t. Because it sucks.”
Appropriate answer. But a little more hostile than was necessary.

“How do I use Twitter?”
“I use ham radio to communicate with people. Let me tell you about that…”
Inappropriate answer. It’s off-topic.

“How do I use Twitter?”
“You shouldn’t. Because it sucks.”
Inappropriate answer. It’s denigrating the topic, which is threadshitting. Or maybe thread-shitting, if my spellcheck is to be believed.

Funny, funny boy. I’m keepin’ my eye on you.

Except you weren’t heading off any junior moderating. Telling someone why their post came off badly is not junior moderating.

If that was junior moderating, then all the people in here telling him why his post was insulting are also juniore moderating. That is a ridiculous interpretation of the concept.

If you just wanted to say it was off topic, I wouldn’t have gotten upset. But accusing me of doing something I didn’t do, and which are explicitly allowing right now and have allowed in every other time I’ve done it, that will always piss me off.

I don’t even know if I can express the opinion here, because I don’t know if I am just getting moderated differently.

Personally I didn’t like “Demeaning Post.” I prefer IvoryTowerDenizen’s early stuff, before she went commercial.

This is the forum for discussing moderator actions. Discussing those actions, then, is expected.

I really don’t want to do another set of rounds about your post being Jr Modding with you. As I’ve explained, one can express an opinion and not have it be Jr Modding. However, it being an opinion is not a defense against it being Jr Modding.

In your case you were explaining to the poster why he should not have posted what he did and what was wrong about his post. That is a mods function, especially after a mod has already engaged that poster. It is also not relevant to the OPs complaint in this thread, as I also had left instructions to not bring the issue up in thread anyway.

I have no more to say on that subject.

I think the moderation was perfectly good, but let’s not overdo what the OP was asking for. He or she wasn’t just asking how to use Twitter:

“Is it worth the effort?”

Also, is there some reason Bo was not moderated as well, since he +1’ed the post that was moderated. Isn’t that same as saying the same thing? Not that I think a warning was due, but a mod note to let that person know he was stepping out of line.

Bo, step away from the quarry.

Yeah, there really should be a term for someone who places themselves above everyone else. I’m thinking maybe something like “living in a keratin highrise”, possibly.

Dentine, not keratin.

Turble, I saw your post as an attempt at humor, not threadshitting or insulting. Apparently you and I have a different sense of humor than the rest of the world.
It’s upsetting to be accused of something that was not your intention, but sometimes you just gotta pick up the pieces and move on.

I agree with Happy Lendervedder that “both ITD’s warning and this thread are modest over-reactions to modest nothingburgers”.

Peace.

Again, there was NO warning.

The OP was clearly asking for value judgements regarding Twitter, and not just a simple “How do I use Twitter?”

Asking if it is “worth the effort” or “annoying” opens the doors to a dismissive reply such as the OP’s. His response clearly indicates it is not worth the effort.

Not worth a warning, not worth a note. My $0.02.

Hipster

Well then change mine to “mod action;” I misspoke. The mod action, IMHO, was a mild overreaction to a throw-away nothingburger of a post. And this thread is a silly overreaction to a mod action.

And with that, I’m done caring about this, and am returning to the multiple threads which discuss the imminent end of our world. :slight_smile:

Flounce if you will. Just don’t unflounce.

Now I *must *unflounce. Is this good, or do I need to wear special pants?

Which one? The good one or the one that kinda rolls around real loose?

I agree.

I also agree.

1. It was not threadshitting, so a note was inappropriate.
  2. However, it isn’t like the OP was banned or warned. It was a simple, if unnecessary, mod note.
  3. Opening this thread was extra unnecessary because of the de minimis nature of the slight.

I want the last seven minutes of my life back. :slight_smile:

She’d probably gnaw through it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently they didn’t tighten the blindfold either.