Demme's last project: A Decade Under the Influence

It’s a documentary about 70s cinema, what came out of that time and how it effects modern filmmaking. Its what Ted Demme was working on when he passed away and the complete version was shown at Sundance this past year to rave reviews.

I. Must. See. It

I’m like a rabid dog over this thing. The interview list is incredible and I’m already hooked into the subject matter. The Independent Film Channel (IFC) is going to be showing it in 3 parts in August and I may as well just lock my doors and unhook my phone while its airing. Either that or have a 70s party – I can’t decide.

Anyone else hear of it? Anyone else planing to see it?

Wow that sounds amazing, the 70’s were an amazing time especially in film making, Godfather, Easy Rider, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest…man I could go on and on! When is this on IFC?

Wow that sounds amazing, the 70’s were an incrediable time especially in film making, Godfather, Easy Rider, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest…man I could go on and on! When is this on IFC?

it airs August 20, I believe. IFC is breaking it into 3 delicious bite sized pieces so I think it goes for several nights until completion. So basically I’m gonna have to block out the last half of that week for my Date With The 70s.