Der Trihs, do you realize how goofy you come across?

Well that would mean I would have to call him a liar. I don’t know him that well. Perhaps you do. It is a courtesy I extend to all who have not given me reason to believe otherwise. In any case I do not pass judgment on my fellow man so readily until I see their works with my own eyes. Kind of tough in this particular medium where words rule. I guess I should kind of take your word for it considering your lengthy posting history. I’ll take it under advisement.

I believe that he once told us that was exactly the case.

I think this is kind of unfair. Although I further to the right on the continuum and I think never agree with him, I appreciate his sharing the position of the left.

Steady up there. Damn good folks, Stoid.

At this point, I’ve pretty much stopped reading his posts on any politically charged issue. Even when he’s talking about positions I agree with, as others have posted, I believe that his in-your-face attitude with those issues does more to calcify opposition than anything else. Making his “arguments” less than useless.

On the other hand, when we’re talking in Cafe Society, his insights to works of fiction are fun and interesting.

I like him. I just wish he’d swallow some of the vitriol.

Please, not again. He is sui generis, remember?

where is she?

“The” position of the left?

:smiley:

On preview, Revenant, :smiley: .

Der Trihs isn’t representing the left. We’ve got plenty of reasonable liberals on this board. Der Trihs is off by himself. He’s too extreme left wing for the mainstream on this board - which is amazing.

We are Legion.

No, I’m Spartacus!

Whooshed. Oh, the shame of it all!

Nice one, though. :wink:

Dude, I’m on the left and about as close as one can come to being an atheist without saying so… and I don’t think I’ve ever really agreed with him either. So take that for what it’s worth.

You have your opinion and I have mine. My opinion is colored by a habit of posting knee-jerk histrionics with little regard for the facts of the matter. When liberals melt down, that seems to be their favored path. Conservative apologists, who I don’t like any better, seem to melt down with an equal disregard for facts but with vague rationalizations in place of histrionics. Liberal nutters pay for their passion by making slightly more spectacular fools of themselves than their conservative nutter brethren.

Having encountered him off-board, I can vouch that he seems like a pretty decent guy.

Until I read one of his Pit or GD posts, that is.

Easy, easy, my little marionette.

But if you have time to be whooshed certianly you have time to answer the question I posed to you in that other thread, no?

Too nice a guy to exploit this, not nice enough to ignore it.

Without being to direct and asking you to betray a sort of confidence, may I ask you three questions to check if my theory as to his true identity is correct?

1. Is he in prison?
  2. Does he have a swastike carved into his forehead?
  3. Is he responsible for one of the greatest quotes of all time when asked about the newest crop of murderous madmen: “Crazy? I was crazy when it meant soemething to be crazy.”? (Forgive the paraphrase.)

:slight_smile:

You obviously know what I meant.