Design the SDMB TV Network!

Oh, um, and, though I think I was the only person on earth who watched this show (aside from the friends I forced to watch one episode and got them completely hooked), Sifl and Olly. It was very crescent fresh.

And I think we can all agree that lieu does NOT get his own show on this network, right?

The Trekkies might also want to add Babylon 5 to the lineup.

Odd, I thought this thread would be recasting well-known TV shows with Dopers. “Dopers’ Court” starring Judge Bricker, for example.

I like the idea of “Polycarp Sunday morning.” With tomndebb as a “permanent guest.”

But hey, we could extend that thought. Every night at 9, it’s “Ask the…” hosted by Esprix. 10:00, “Conservative Roundtable” with december and Scylla. 11:00, “Straight Dope Story Time” with Rue DeDay. 12 midnight, Straight Dope Classic Movies hosted by Eve.

Come on network execs, you know we want this.

9:00 p.m. Ask the Gay Guy
11:00 p.m. Ask the Catholic
1:00 a.m. Ask the Militia Guy
3:00 a.m. The Prisoner
4:00 a.m. Land of the Lost (original)
4:30 a.m. Twilight Zone
5:00 a.m. Ask the Gay Catholic
7:00 a.m. Ask the Catholic Militia Guy
9:00 a.m. Ask the Taxidermist
11:00 a.m Bewitched
11:30 a.m. Monty Python
12:00 p.m. James Burke anthology
1:00 p.m. COSMOS
2:00 p.m. Queer as Folk
3:00 p.m. Six Feet Under
4:00 p.m. The Best of Linda Lavin
4:05 p.m. WKRP in Cincinatti
4:40 p.m. Ask the WASP
5:00 p.m. Slingblade: the Series
6:00 p.m. Conquest
7:00 p.m. Ask the Hispanic
9:00 p.m. Ask the Gay Catholic Miliita Guy

Let the other networks handle the reruns. I’d like to see quality programming from the SDMB regulars:

-a vote for Polycarp for Sunday morning
-followed by political discussion by december, Libertarian, minty green and some of the others in Great Debates
-Football Today with Omniscient, mullinator, meek, Shibb0leth and others

-Welcome Wagon by Crunchy Frog
-Science Fiction Roundup by **carnivorousplant, Bryan Ekers, Badtz Maru ** and others…
-SDMB Fear Factor, hosted by lieu

:frowning:

:eek:

Probably out of place in Café Society, but the only reasonable answer to this is:

No shit!! :smiley:

All I ask is for one hour on Wednesday night, 9:00 - 10:00pm CST, for Trek Doper’s Talk Soup where we discuss the latest ep of the current franchise series (now Enterprise) and anything else that strikes our fancy.

It would have to be TV-MA, of course.

We would all share as moderator/host on an alternating basis. Some of the meeker types could be paired with high profile Trek Dopers.

We would also do a variety type show when the current ep was too weak or a rerun.

Panda would be a regular participant.

Discussion would be Trek centered, but would always veer way off center. Censors would be sorely taxed to keep at times.

At times, we would need a 90 minute or 2 hour “Special.”

Pants optional.

Never attempt vB while drinking if you aren’t previewing. Oh well, the idea got through… I think.

All I ask is for one hour on Wednesday night, 9:00 - 10:00pm CST, for Trek Doper’s Talk Soup where we discuss the latest ep of the current franchise series (now Enterprise) and anything else that strikes our fancy.

It would have to be TV-MA, of course.

We would all share as moderator/host on an alternating basis. Some of the meeker types could be paired with high profile Trek Dopers.

We would also do a variety type show when the current ep was too weak or a rerun.

Panda would be a regular participant.

Discussion would be Trek centered, but would always veer way off center. Censors would be sorely taxed to keep at times.

At times, we would need a 90 minute or 2 hour “Special.”

Pants optional.
(this is what I meant it to look like)

The Evening News, with Tina Fey.
Victoria’s Secret Christmas Special with Spectacles.
Biography: Ayn Rand (24 episode mini-series)

There has to be a MST3K with assorted short-lived sitcoms. Hello, Larry, for example. Or soaps. Or game shows with stupid contestants. Many interesting possibilities.