Designing a web page, what's legal and what's not?

I have a web page designed and i’d like to post it but I don’t know if what I’ve done is legal, so I’d like to know what kind of restrictions there are or if I’ve violated any copyright laws. The page has to do with a football pool in which I have people send me their picks for the upcoming week and simply keep track of who gets the most right. No money is involved (yet) and it is simply for fun and practice right now. The page does contain a lot of hyperlinks to the teams official site, and I’ve also included links to sites which may help people make their picks. Is this an okay thing to do?

Yes.

If you’re really paranoid, you could email the sites you linked to and ask for permission. They’ll let you 99.99% of the time (they love the free advertising).

I don’t want to make a blanket statement about your site without seeing it. But there is nothing wrong with putting up links to other sites. Just don’t copy someone else’s original content onto your site without permission. You may want to put a disclaimer in that, of course, you site is in no way affiliated or endorsed by the NFL :slight_smile: Probably not necessary, but what can it hurt.

if your link opens their image on your page thats a nono too.