Desipramine experiences?

Desipramine, for those that don’t know aids in depression and anxiety. I am taking this for anxiety more than for depression, my depression is pretty mild these days.

I am also going back to my ritalin, yes there is a God, as well so I am combining the two.

I am just curious if anyone has any experiences with this or other tricyclics.

Thank you!

I’ve seen people respond well to tricyclics, but personally, the only advantage for me was to aid in sleeping.

On the negative side, I gained a ton of weight and none of them helped me at all with depression or anxiety.

So with that said, as soon as Prozac came out, the dr. switched me over to it for treatment of my depression with wonderful results for 10 years until I had built up a tolerance to it and had to be switched to another SSRI. Prozac was my friend :smiley:

But I have seen many people who would say tricyclics were their friends :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us know how it works for you.

Desipramine was the first antidepressant I was ever on. It didn’t do diddly shit. I saw this thread title and honestly went “Desipramine… desipramine… that sounds familiar. I remember I used to take that, but I can’t remember what for.”

I was first on imiprimine, which was WAAAAAY too heavy for me. They switched me to desipramine, which I was told they prescribe to elderly women alot, due to their fragile physical state (I was 86 lbs at the time, so I guess they lumped me in with that group). I never felt good on it, so I went to Wellbutrin, and then Prozac. I’ve been on Prozac off and on for over 10 years, and I’m beginning to think it may be losing its effectiveness for me as well.

I have been on Wellbutrin and it made me Supreme Bitch From Hell. Been on Prozac, didn’t do squat for me. I have done trazadone that, WOW MAN, made me feel like I was in a constant bubble. I slept well though.

My experience has been that most anti-depressants don’t work for me that my course of ritalin keeps me mentally and emotionally stable.

I will try it but I don’t have many hopes that it will help me a heck of a lot.

Anyone else?