DFW Stanley Kubrick Appreciation Society and Doper Gathering

Where is Cafe Italia? I’ve never been there.

I’ll know tomorrow afternoon if my friend is coming or not.

Cafe Italia is on Lover’s Lane. I’m assuming this is the one we are wanting, because the other is off of Stemmons freeway. Lover’s lane is much closer to the Inwood. The site has maps and other info, including a menu.

Just in case I’m wrong about which one we’re shooting for, here is the main homepage for Cafe Italia. Links to both of their locations and info on the Stemmons restraunt can be found there.

Enjoy,
Steven

You guys have a good time!!! I still wanna participate on of these darned days, but this weekend is designated debauchery weekend in New Orleans…GOD HELP ME!

Grumble grumble… Saturday night… grumble grumble… nothing better to do… grumble… all your base…

I guess I should stop worrying and… I forget; is it “learned to love the bomb” or “set up us the bomb?”

Ok, all in favor of canceling the midnight moviegoing in favor of debauchery so depraved that we’ll have to cry out for divine intervention in New Orleans please say Yea.

Mrs. Chef said I could go, but I’m not sure if it’s one of those offers a husband shouldn’t accept.

I’m in the same boat Troy, even though, upon hearing of this outing it was actually Moxmaiden who said “Steven could go”. At some point you’ve just gotta stand up and say “I’m gonna do it” and take whatever comes. I hope the debauchery is worth it.

Enjoy,
Steven

Anybody else suspect Jeanie is going to end up on Girls Gone Wild Mardis Gras 2003? Or am I just projecting? :smiley:

Okay, 9:30 tomorrow night at the Cafe Italia on Lover’s. It’s on the north side of the road, just a block or two short of Celebration. I personally hate valet parking, so if you’re like me, just park across the street at the veterinary clinic and avoid the car jockeys.

I’ll call for a table tomorrow afternoon. So far, we’ve got (1) me and (2) mrs. green, (3) Mtgman, (4) Grace, (5) Zyada, and (6) Ziatrice as what looks to me like definites. Varying degrees of maybe/probably from Lord Jim, adam yax, psieker, and Chef Troy. If the last group will just let me knew sometime in the next 22 hours, I’ll reserve accordingly. For 9:30 at night, though, I’m thinking they ought to be pretty flexible for anybody who just shows up, so don’t worry if you can’t commit until the last second.

Reservation, of course, will be under the name of Adams.

:bump:

I’m going to pass up on this extravaganza.

Y’all have fun.

Paging Chef_Troy, paging… Hey, if you come I’ll be sure to remember to bring your cookware.

Enjoy,
Steven

Minty, I’ll be coming for dinner with my friend.

(7) adam yax and (8) friend

Calling for a reservation in about an hour [sub]or as soon as I can get this idiot lawyer in Michigan off my back . . . dude, you LOST the case. That’s why you’re the trial dude and I’m the appellate guy.[/sub]

Count me out. I woke up sick last night and I’m still feeling pretty bad, so staying out even till midnight isn’t going to happen.

(8) - 1 = (7)

:frowning: Hope you feel better, Z. We’ll catch up with you next time, though!

Table for seven at 9:30.

Aglarond is coming. So we’re back to 8. He might be bringing a date.

Mtgmam - I have MoxMaiden’s hurricane lamp so if you’re coming tonight, I’ll bring it with me.

Bumpity bump bump

Remove Ziactrice because she forgot tonight was the movie and made other plans. So we’re back to 7 again.

Thanks for dinner and the movie y’all. I had a great time. I wish I could’ve stayed up for the entire movie, but sleep was calling and I never say no to him. I saw the first 20-30 minutes of the movie and then the last 15. I honestly have no idea what happened in between that. I completely knocked out. The good news is I didn’t snore in the theater. I was civilized enough to keep my sleep noises to myself.

Ah, good times. Thanks everyone for coming!