Dick Van Dyke was driving a car? Who let him do that?

On the one hand, yeah, he’s 97, and California has been having once-in-a-lifetime bad weather, so maybe we don’t go out driving?

On the other hand, he’s Dick Van Dyke, famously agile and sharp and active for this advanced age. If you spend any time in Malibu, you are going to see him around (he likes to get out of the house).

Years ago I rode with a guy who was 91, and apparently had always been a bad driver. Pulling out from where his car was parallel parked, he would back up until he hit the car behind him, then pull forward until he hit the car in front of him. He ran a stop sign, and when I pointed it out, he just calmly mentioned that there wasn’t a stop sign there when he learned to drive.

He’s a Californian. We all drive like idiots when it rains.

:joy: You win!

Perfect

He almost ran over Stephen King.

Driving by braille.

If it makes you feel better, I was ninja’d on the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang joke I was originally planning on making.

No, it makes me feel worse! Every time a joke is ninja’d, an angel loses its wings.

But seriously, Dick Van Dyke is a national treasure and again, glad he’s ok.

That’s why California invented Botts Dots.

Didn’t Dick have another incident with a car not too long ago? Something where the car caught fire?

A couple of years ago his car (a jaguar?) caught fire while he was driving down the freeway.

We should take steps to make sure he and Jay Leno don’t team up. No telling what would happen.

Clickbait works! I just won a board award that I didn’t even know existed. In fact, I didn’t know there were such a thing as board awards and I’ve been here since before vBulliten! The Popular Link Award. #throws confetti#

I’m sorry, but I love Family Guy cutaways so much :slightly_smiling_face: