Dick Van Dyke was driving a car? Who let him do that?

You do not give fragile, precious things the keys to a silver Lexus. Treat him like you’d treat drunk uncle Troy trying to drive home New Years Eve. I mean, he’s 97, he can’t fight you for them!

I’m not so sure. He works out daily and lifts weights. (Doesn’t mean he should be driving, though.)

I blame Vulgarian saboteurs.

I mean, look what happened when they let Fred Astaire on a skateboard! Are they gonna let William Shatner-- who is near death, I’m told– fly the space shuttle?

The man can’t even walk across his living room without tripping over the ottoman half the time.

You win this thread!

Why am I not surprised that the Daily Mail has a clickbait headline, leading with “I don’t have long to live”?

A quote from Shatner, who is, indeed, 91 years old, in the body of the article:

He doesn’t have long to live, not because he has a terminal illness, but because he’s 91 frickin’ years old! (Well, actually, he’s 92 – his birthday is today.)

I just saw him in person two weeks ago, and he was pretty damned spry and active, and enjoyed regaling us with his recent adventure in space. He may be chronologically close to death, but I’ve known a TON of people who were literally near death (and went on to die quite soon) and he looked much better than any of them.

Funny you should say that…

This was the first thing I thought of when I heard about DvD:

And he was only 78. I was heartbroken. I thought he’d live forever.

Was the car in question his mother?

Yes, I know that was Jerry Van Dyke. AFAIK, they have the same mother.

No wonder the classical station KBAQ played the Star Trek them this morning.

Of course they played it at 5 am, but still!

I’d still rather ride with Dick than Tiger Woods.

No, it was his fine four fendered friend.

I was nearly 40 before I realized it wasn’t “fine Ford fendered friend.”

Actually… the Ford motor company did build the automobile props for the movie so in fact it was his “fine four-fendered Ford friend”

Gosh darn you, I came in the thread to make the joke “someone must have left an ottoman in the middle of the road”.

Glad he’s ok.

Conditions were bad, and much younger people could slide and hit something. So, I’m not ready to automatically write him off because I think that is age prejudice and not a fair judgment. Let him take a complete driving test. If he passes, good for him!

Was Billy Joel in the passenger seat?

Was it 5 o’clock on a Saturday?

Jay Leno was riding shotgun and Harrison Ford was flying overhead.