Did any enormously talented person have an equally enormously talented child?

Ravi Shankar and Norah Jones
Quincy Jones/Peggy Lipton and Rashida Jones

In baseball Ray Boone begat Bob Boone who begat Aaron and Bret Boone (all All-Stars at one time or another.

Grandmaster bridge player Oswald Jacoby and son Grandmaster Jim Jacoby.

Economist Herb Stein and self-described economist BenStein

Marie Curie won two Nobel Prives. Her daughter Irene won only one. How disappointing.

LORD PALMERSTONE!

(not really, I vote Pitt the elder over Lord Palmertone (gets punched by barney))

(anyway this post was only yo say “I was going to mention those 2”)

Well, there’s me and my son, Asa.

Martin Sheen and sons Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.

Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson.

Zach Starkey is actually a much better drummer than his father Richard (alias Ring Starr)

What’s even more remarkable is that Rob married a talented young actress who became a major director, and her brother has been a successful director for decades. I guess it’s all in the… something.

Ooh, good one! And it’s safe to say that Kate is far more talented than her father.

Sammy Davis Jr. came from a famous Vaudeville family. So did Buster Keaton. The Marx Brothers were the nephews of Al Shean of Gallagher and Shean.

Arlo & Woodie Guthrie
Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher.

Oh: Bucky Pizzarelli is a highly, highly respected guitarist - you’ve heard him thousands of times, literally, via his session work and just don’t know it. His son John is a highly regarded cabaret singer/guitarist who tours with his wife. So talented.

Richard Petty still owns most of NASCAR’s big number records. He took most of the records from his father, Lee Petty.

There’s also Sigmund Freud, whose daughter Anna was a distinguished analyst and whose grandson Lucien was a noted artist. Various other members of the family were also distinguished.

About 10 years ago, though, I remember hearing Archie Manning on Jim Rome’s radio show. Rome asked which of the Manning boys was Dad’s favorite, Peyton or Eli.

Archie’s answer? Cooper was the favorite son, since he gave Archie his first grandchild.

In there field of business Cornelius and William Henry Vanderbilt come to mind.

Yup, Bush Derangement Syndrome still lives, causing liberals to spew out all the hate and intolerance in their minds. You will notice people like this NEVER rage against the real war criminals like Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-Tung, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin,etc.

I will boldly and forthrightly take a stand against all war criminals, big and small. You hear me, war criminals? You’ve been called out!

Exactly what I thought too.

Word has it they’re all the same person.

Well, as good as Ringo, anyway.

Tony Curtis earned Golden Globe nominations for everything from THE DEFIANT ONES to THE BOSTON STRANGLER; Janet Leigh got the win for PSYCHO; daughter Jamie Lee Curtis has picked up more nominations than both of 'em put together, winning for TRUE LIES soon after winning for ANYTHING BUT LOVE.

This is Cafe Society, not Great Debates. Political ranting is not appropriate. Knock it off.

twickster, Cafe Society moderator