Did anyone else know someone who had a real life "Catch Phrase"?

A college roommate and I once decided to see how many times we could work the phrase “Can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a (fill in the blank)” into a conversation before somebody finally noticed. But that only lasted a couple of weeks.

No, but I have been considering a few:

“Well, that just drops my balls.”

“Kiss what?”

“Let’s venture to a rock pit and place objects inside!”

When I was a sophomore in high school, our spring musical was “Hello Dolly!” and I landed the role of Barnaby Tucker (whose go-to expletive was “Holy cabooses!”). I said that so often in rehearsal and during performances that it became my go-to expletive for nearly ten years.

There’s always the tried-and-true, well-worn and threadbare “See ya later, alligator!”. Yeah, my father used that a lot.

Here’s an odd one: I had a friend whose wife, when asking any of their children to do something always prefaced the request with: “For my convenience, please _______” I gather she probably learned that while growing up at home with her family.

A friend says “Giddy up” as her all purpose exclamation.

Why would you find it annoying? I think it’s charming.

As a lifelong troubleshooter and repairperson, I am frequently asked to explain what I’m up to. Of course, I am frequently NOT asked to explain, or even asked NOT to explain - no matter which, I always launch into “Well, it’s a simple seventeen step process…”

I’ve used this, but sparingly.

I also say, “this is my ex-fiancée”.

mmm

Meh, that’s kind of cute. Like some famous guest on a talk show once who was greeted by the host with “nice to see you”, and his response was “it’s nice to be seen”. :wink:

I used to know a guy who liked to say “Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?” He was kind of a joker though.

I’m guilty of this. And “Copy all” as well. . .

Your friend is my former supervisor?

My offering, is at work, I have a co-worker that says, “Ain’t that a kick in the pants?” after pretty much every new topic/observation/question/etc. brought to his attention.

Another one that grinds my gears is the gal at work that preceeds every bit of information with, “Just so you know. . .” as in “Just so you know, Bill is out of the office until Tuesday, and just so you know, Michelle is acting as Bill’s deputy.”

Tripler
Lots of wasted breath from that gal. . .

I’ll take this as a tribute to ol’ Dad. At his funeral, we got a lot of stories of pranks he pulled, even at the staid banks he worked at.

mordecaiB, you might appreciate the only time my mom had a good comeback line. She complimented his shirt with
“It’s so nice, and you never wear it.”
“Well, you can save it for your next husband.”
“Oh, he’s not your size.”

Her immediate, deadpan delivery really made it.

Not really a catch phrase. But in the 90s I worked with a coworker who would answer his desk phone like this:

“Hello, this is Steve Teller. How may I serve you?”

I would always crack up laughing after I heard it.

As you should. I find it not only funny, but the kind of joke that makes people have to process it for a moment before they get it is my favorite kind.

Perfect comeback! Sounds like your parents were a good match.