Did Pelosi just un-invite Trump from the State of the Union?

Nobody says otherwise. I personally think that overseas soldiers should be able to vote using absentee ballots and should have the ballots counted if possible, even if the post office fucks up the date stamps on them. I know this benefits Republicans.

What I don’t do is come into threads about counting overseas absentee military ballots and snark about how Republicans must only believe in this for selfish reasons.

You seem confused about the fundamental nature of opinions. If someone says, “I think Trump is so mean that he would steal candy from a baby”, they don’t have to have actually witnessed President Trump stealing candy from a baby to hold that opinion. If he had stolen candy from toddlers, and children, and young adults, that would all be “evidence” that support that opinion.

Likewise, the fact that liberals have something of a habit of shitting on things they don’t like leads me to conclude, quite reasonably, that they might well literally take a shit on the Constitution one day.

Today, in reality? No. One branch has taken and / or been given far more power than the other two.

Hm. I guess conservatives really do embrace authoritarism.

How many liberals have shit on the flag? If I can point to a conservative pedophile can I conclude, quite reasonably, that conservatives are pedophiles?

I don’t “embrace” it. It’s not my preference, but it’s the reality today.

ETA: “it” being that the executive branch has acquired more power in recent decades than the other two branches

If you mean the presidency then yeah. You’re right.

I’m afraid that in this case, reality has a conservative bias. Congress has ceded a lot of power to the presidency.

“Might makes right!” A fine conservative principle!

Literally? At least one. I’m not sure what the upper limit is there. Metaphorically? A lot of them.

It’s fascinating that you think it’s reasonable that a far-left activist shitting on one thing would lead to a a liberal shitting on something very different, but your opinions on “reasonable” aren’t supported.

Also you say “something of a habit.” What defines “something of a habit”? How many does it take to make something a habit?

When you say they have a habit of shitting on things they don’t like, do you think that means everything they don’t like?

What is your evidence that liberals don’t like the Constitution? Or will you equivocate and claim that, since some liberals interpret the constitution differently from you, that’s the same thing as not liking it?

Huh. And with that, I think I’m done. Somehow I’m finding this “let’s demand cites for trivial bullshit instead of addressing the meat of the thread” less satisfying than you find it; I’ll return to discussing the meat of the thread and consider this a failed experiment in trivial bullshit hunting.

You were just ridiculing Pelosi for embracing the Constitution. Yet you have the same preference as she does. Are you just taking shots a liberals again for your own enjoyment?

This week, it’s from Beto.

I was ridiculing Pelosi for thinking she was the equal of President Trump.

A while ago, John Boehner said something like ‘you can’t expect us to do too much when we only control one half of one third of the government’. That’s the situation Pelosi is in today. She’s not “equal” to the President and she doesn’t have power comparable to his.

OK, I’ll keep that in mind if I ever find myself wondering if you favor pure democracy. But in the meanwhile, I’ll ask: Do you think democracy is a good thing?

Which preferences do Pelosi and I share?

Would you like to revise your post stating your preference?

I don’t know what you’re referring to. Could you at least give me a post # or something?

ETA: Are you talking about #266?

Since I made it clear I like the system the US has, i.e. a constitutional republic which is a type of democracy I think that I’ve answered your question. Do I think it’s good? It’s pretty good. I’m not sure why you are asking though.