Did Pelosi just un-invite Trump from the State of the Union?

Well, there was the murder in Charlottesville, but I’m sure that’s different somehow.

Do try to keep in mind that this is the post that sparked that thread of the discussion:

I was asked what I had seen that would lead me to expect that, and shared some of it.

Cite that these people didn’t have a gastrointestinal issue and couldn’t hold it, and the flag/cop car was an unintended landing place? I see no reason to believe this was intentional, and you haven’t provided evidence it was. I take this lack of evidence as confirmation that you concede the argument.

And if that line of argument isn’t working for you, let’s try another of your favorites.

A dump on a cop car? So you’re literally saying the Constitution is the same as a cop car. Is that all you think of that sacred document - just a simple vehicle for oppressive brutality?

Sure it was a deal. Republicans tried to convince Trump to follow through, and they believed he had given them assurances, but then Trump consulted his top adviser: the media. The deal was trashed.

31 USC 1342. See also, Art I, sec 1; Art I, sec 9; Art VI, cl 2.

So you do believe what the media tells you?

Well, now Trump has cancelled the US delegation’s trip to the World Economics Forum in Davos. He says it’s

but as the article notes, some members of the advance team have been furloughed, which makes planning the logistics.

How does not attending show any consideration for the 800,000 federal workers? Isn’t it a little like saying, “I cancelled a work meeting this afternoon out of consideration for the Henderson’s dog, which I ran over the other day”?

snicker I wonder if she still thinks the Constitution considers her equal to the President.

Our government is growing increasingly petty and dysfunctional, but at least it’s entertaining in the meantime.

I doubt I’ll ever fully understand what made Nancy think it was a good idea to try to pull some petty tit-for-tat bullshit with President Trump, a man that absolutely relishes that sort of fight.

The caption says “PICTURE: Trump Returns CODEL Luggage to Pelosi’s Office”, and the picture is of Spaceballs characters carrying luggage.

So… is John Candy Trump?

And by the way, you might want to actually read the Appointments Clause.

Relishing something does not = increased support.

Do you believe we have three co-equal branches of government?

How could it possibly be a good idea to set things up so they gave up two events where they get to preen and enjoy the good life and I gave up a somewhat tiring and potentially dangerous public-service duty? Beats me…

Oh? How big is your army?

A pure democracy? I don’t think so.

What we have here in the US is pretty good all things considered.

I’m sure you have a fabulous imagination that makes it easy to imagine anything. I do too, and can, for example, imagine Mitch McConnell riding a purple dragon into battle against the Munchkins of Oz, all the while singing “Take on Me” by Aha and puffing out his neck like an aroused bullfrog.

But I wasn’t asking for what you can imagine.

It’s great that you recognize the difference between the constitution and the flag, unlike many conservatives who conflate them; but since your evidence is of someone shitting on the flag, not on the constitution, it’s irrelevant and in no way acts as evidence to support your opinion.

Yes, “someone literally shit on the” flag. It’s also true that “someone literally shit on” a toilet. Neither of those are the constitution. You had to end the quote before the most important word in order to try to make it sound like evidence for your opinion, which is a curious way to edit quotes.

You ask if I’m having fun. Honestly, no; instead I’m growing a little impatient waiting to see if you have any evidence to support your opinion.

A good place for agreement; I certainly don’t expect you to ever fully understand Pelosi’s strategies, either.
It’s possible that it never occurred to Pelosi that Trump would strike back. Sure. It’s possible that she’s so naive about politics, so unsavvy, that she’s just won her position repeatedly by being charismatic and good at staging large rallies or something (maybe Russia interfered in her election?), and that the possibility of retribution took her by surprise.

And McConnell may like 80s pop music for his fantasy battle hymns.

Because the right to vote means so little that one should be stripped of it for life, for driving with a suspended license.

Yeah, that’s the sort of dangerous criminal you’re talking about here. Damn straight they should be able to vote. (The referendum didn’t let murderers, rapists, and the like regain the right to vote, just so you know.)

And if a murderer is paroled after 30 years in prison in a state that fully restores his voting rights at that point, which are you more worried about? That he might murder again? Or that he might vote?

I submit that anyone who is free to walk the streets should also have the right to vote. If there’s a problem here, it’s not about the right to vote; it’s about their having been released while still a danger to society.

And I’m sure Pelosi was so looking forward to visiting Afghanistan…

I personally think that you do your sentence you should have most if not all rights and privileges restored. I also am not naive enough to think that that does not disproportionately help one party.

And some, I’m sure, are good people.

I’m fine with Manafort, Flynn, et al voting again when they have served their time. It’s an advantage I’m willing to concede.