Did you celebrate Mardi Gras this year?

On the poll, I went with “None of these” because there’s quite a difference between Mardi Gras and Shrove Tuesday. Shrove Tuesday is not a party like Mardi Gras.

Thanks. Never seen one; my area doesn’t have a big Polish community.

No - not even to log onto Facebook at midnight and post something along the lines of, “It’s Midnight - put down your gins and confess your sins!”

Two days given off for celebrations. So yes, given the option for me was “stay home with nothing open around”, yes, I did participate. And enjoyed it very much.

Instead, I celebrated Losar (Tibetan New Year) by making a big batch of khapse (Tibetan crullers). Losar was on Sunday; I didn’t get around to making khapse until Monday, which I guess splits the difference.

Nope. Had to work the night shift.

Went drinking around Venice dressed as Frida Kahlo.

I was vaguely aware of it but when I met up with friends to watch the UVa-Syracuse game the bar had more Mardi Gras celebrators than college basketball fans. I don’t remember Mardi Gras being this popular in non-New-Orleans cities.

Pancakes, gumbo and live jazz with the neighborhood.

I celebrated Pazcki Day both last Thursday (which is “Fat Thursday” in Poland and many other countries) and this past Tuesday (which we just call “Paczki Day” in Chicago).

Since I live in New Orleans, it’s kinda hard not to. Especially, when we have the day off.