Diplomacy - Dominatrix

Oi! I’ve got a fan!

:: extends ducal hand ::

You may kiss my ring, Shibb, and I’m sure when Italians rule the world I’ll think of your kind words.

And I don’t think there really needs to be a plural for dominatrix once I get to the top.

I thought the plural was “dominatrices.”

No matter.

falls to knees beneath a streetlight, raises hands to sky

Adjucate! ADJUCATE!!!

Ahem, it’s adjudicate.

We’re getting down to brass tacks, there will be a decision first thing tomorrow.

Um, in case you’re curious, I’m still up, so first thing tomorrow means once I wake up on Saturday.

Wow. Sleeping in, are we? :wink:

Correct spelling doesn’t matter when you’re screaming your heart out beneath a streetlight.

grumblemumble

I like adjucate.

I hereby propose that adjucate be introduced into the English language. Do I have a second?
And, like the other, is there a page for this game?

Second!

There will be a page for the game.

Progress is being made on clearing up the issue, I hope to have it sorted out in a hours time.

Wow, I certainly jinxed us there, didn’t I?

Anyways, its been all sorted out. Here’s the text of the email which I just sent to all the players. It lists the results, and explains the minor drama which held the game up briefly.

OK, our situation has finally been sorted out. Here’s the results, the new map is attatched. I’ll set aside some time and get at least a rudimentary webpage set up this weekend. I have aspirations to do a new version that would be a little nicer than those past, we’ll see if that happens or not in the next couple days.

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Galicia (Bounce)

England:
F Edinburgh - Norwegian Sea
A Liverpool - Edinburgh
F London Hold

France:
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
A Marseilles - Spain
A Paris - Picardy

Germany:
A Berlin - Silesia
F Kiel - Denmark
A Munich Hold

Italy:
F Naples - Ionian Sea
A Rome - Apulia
A Venice - Trieste

Russia:
A Moscow - Ukraine
F Sevastopol - Rumania
F St Petersburg(sc) - Gulf of Bothnia
A Warsaw - Galicia (Bounce)

Turkey:
F Ankara - Black Sea
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

As for the holdup, let me explain the situation. Many of you submitted orders early and asked me to proof them upon receipt. I did so, however one player submitted orders a couple hours before the deadline, and this player didn’t quite understand the rules of the game and didn’t ask for a proofing. I nudged him to take another look at the rules, but the deadline passed without me having received any corrected orders. At this point, were I to adjudicate with the orders I had, it would have essentially amounted to one player being NMRed. I wanted to avoid this at all costs, but I also didn’t want to cross the line into actively helping one player.

I decided to consult the super secret Dip GM society and get some opinions. Everyone agreed that considering that this was the first turn in a newbie game, I should go out of my way to make sure that everyone understood what was going on in the best interests of the game to make it its most enjoyable and competitive for the benefit of all. I then got in touch with the player, and instructed him to reread the rules because his orders were invalid. It intially wasn’t apparent to him just what the problem was so I tried my best to explain it without giving advice or guidance. He subsequently understood the issue and submitted correct orders a short while ago. And happily enough, here we are moving forward again.

You may all resume dipping post haste, and I’m going to assign a Fall 1901 deadline of Wednesday at Noon.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, let me know.

~Your altruistic GM

And there you have it. Its a interesting turn to say the least, and I hope there’s a little commentary for the sake of the newbies.

Well that was a cryptic explanation if I’ve ever seen one.

Did they attempt teleportation? Walking on water? Rowing on land? Yorkshire Pudding?

Are you going to link to the map? Can you link to the map? Is there an independing map that we can follow along with? Can you make one? Please?

Hmm, I’d say teleportation is the closest.

They were attemping a 21st century move in the early 20th century. Only works in extreme variants. :wink:

All right, all right. You people are a pushy lot!

Here’s a hacked together page that shows the basics.

Dip 1137 “Dominatrix”

Enjoy.

#@$$#@% BOUNCE!!!

That throws off my whole schedule. Now I won’t rule the world until Thursday or Friday.

Interesting turn.

Start the heckling!

Austria (Generalfeldmarschall Whack-A-Mole):
Ah, Austria comes out strong against the Russian, perhaps aided and abetted by Germany, but est is sehr glucklich dass hat nicht passiert. That bounce was fortuituous indeed! Now, how to rid oneself of those pesky Italians? Once they start setting up peasant camps and selling pizza to the tourists on the Adriatic you’ll never get rid of them!

England (King Floodnik the Last):
Perhaps an overly cautious opening. Sure, you’ve kept the French on your side (and long may the English quake at the sight of French troops massing in Bretagne!) but why not have a go at the North Sea? Surely this is English sovereign territory, n’est pas?

France (Bravo, Johnny Bravo heh, is he good looking or what. Hold me Mama!):
Guaranteed three builds in the opener. Not bad at all. But beware the flame that burns brightest oft burns shortest!

Germany (Kaiserin Erika):
Again the wily French have by the pen kept the barbarians at the door. (Forgive me the fantasy of the fair Kaiserin bedecked in furs and grasping a shining sword, dripping in the blood of the Franks, if you will. We’ll go with the more common black leather theme later… ) Anyway, I’d have played it a little differently in den Hinterlaenden, personlich, but let’s see how this one plays out. Beware ceding too much to the French! Don’t forget, Charlemagne was first Karl der Grosse.

Italy (Principessa Einmon):
Nice aggressive opening against the Huns. But can you keep the gains? There is a way, yes, there is a way, but can you see it? If only the Russian hadn’t bounced him in Galicia you’d be home free. And one more that the French have turned on their ear with sweet words?

Russia (Mastema Rasputinov):
The bounce in Galicia saved Warsaw, and Rumania is safe, but is the Black Sea too high a price to have paid? Time will tell on that one, Mad Monk! Your biggest concern is in the North, where you may have fierce battles ahead. You really need to get the Germans and/or the English on your side! Meanwhile, the Turk can’t be thinking of grabbing Sevastopol, can he? Hot water in every direction, on the land, not so bad. Not an atypical position for the Russians.

Turkey (Noodle Soup du Jour):
Clever to have commanded the Black. But the Turkish dilemna is typically where to go next. The Austrian and the Russian may both need your help. Who to help, and where? And is Cyprus rightfully yours? So many opportunities, so few resources!

Question: Are builds resolved before moves?