Disappearing Letters On Your Keyboard

Those ladies really need to learn how to type properly, then.

Yeah, WTF? Unless they’re spilling nail polish remover all over the keyboard, I fail to see how nail polish or polish remover is an issue. Also, I have 3 keys gone from my keyboard and several more on the way, and I never wear nail polish.

I can never keep a keyboard more than a few months. The most recently acquired has all it’s letters, but the space bar is worn down a bit of the shine. It’s my mouse that has lost the Logitech stamp.

My N has worn away (Why N, of all letters???), and M, A, and S are nearly gone.

Gone totally: N, E, T
Mostly gone: C
Half gone: S, D, M, R
Starting to go: W, S, G, V

This is on a laptop that I use for work. About 2/3 of the time I use an external keyboard. The degraded keys are on the laptop itself. It’s almost 3 years old.

p.s. – I have short nails and never wear nail polish.

My keyboard is maybe 3 years old. Closer to 4. Dell, All black. My work is graphics intensive, so I use my thumb-ball mouse more than the keyboard over the course of the day.
There is a groove on the top of the S key that I never noticed before. It seems to be where my left ring finger sits when at rest.
The key surfaces are textured, so there are slightly smoother spots on the A, N, T, Enter, and Delete keys.
Nothing seems to be worn, but it is pretty dirty. Ew.
Edited to add: The Esc key in the smoothest. It is probably the most used key in my main software.

The right CTRL key snapped off entirely. A is on its way to the same fate.