Disenchantment: New Matt Groening animated series coming to Netflix

I’ve now seen the first episode. It amused me, I’ll keep watching.
It was no Oglaf on the sex front - certainly more risque than The Simpsons, but at about Futurama level on that score.

I’ve seen the first two. Obviously it’s subjective but personally I’m disappointed. I’m a huge Futurama fan and this isn’t near as good. Hopefully it will get better.

I’ve watched 3, better than the current Simpsons, not as good as Futurama, but I see where it might be able to take off and go. I’ll keep watching.

Matt Berry was excellent as the Prince. He is probably best known as Douglas Reynholm from the IT Crowd. (at least in the US)

I’m finding all three of the main characters to be falling kind of flat in the voice acting department.

Abbi Jacobson and Eric Andre are both super talented, though, so hopefully they’ll get better over time.

If nothing else, the reprisal of all my beloved Futurama voices is an utter delight.

The first few were…not good. Not bad, but not good at all. However, I finished all 10 and they do get much better. Will definitely watch a 2nd season.

Lots of familiar voices if you’re a Futurama fan.

Kind of meh three episodes in, hoping it gets better. (I did enjoy the VII XI scene.)

Surely a queen named Una warrants some mention.

Hmm. There are some good ideas in there, but execution is a bit lacklustre.

Only one episode in so far, though.

I think it is Oona (as in Chapman)

Brian

After the first episode, I have to say if this wasn’t Groening, I’d probably never take another look at it. But I’ll at least give it a second chance.

I meant Chaplin

Why? What would that be in reference too?

1. It is spelled Una in the show description online.
  2. Una Persson–not a reference, per se, but if there were a character called Cartooniverse, someone would comment.

The poster’s name, of course, is a reference to a recurring character in Michael Moorcock’s science fiction stories.

Yes, I do know that. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen two episodes and it was only OK.

I laughed a little, not much. I wish it was better. I might continue, might not.

It does get better. Gotta get over the 2 or 3 episode hump. It never gets to Simpson’s or futurama great tho.

It’s so harmless and short, I will likely throw one on once in awhile and get through it.

When do the next 10 episodes hit?

No idea when new ones start.

I watched them all all at once because, as full as the first few were, I was far too lazy to try and decide on something else to watch. And by 2/3ish through, I actually started to care and like the characters.

Didn’t make it through even the first episode. Boring.